• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original B-15C Need some help?

bene

I have what appears to be an original B-15C (Blue) that I am trying to determine the fair value of and hoping that some of you can help.

The mouton is in great shape. The knits are pretty rough (moth eaten) and have the usual holes. It does not have a stencil or any sign it ever did. It's a size 38. Overall it's in great shape. It has a Crown zip as the main zipper (very cool spring loaded zipper...I have never seen one in person) and the Comar zip on the sleeve (both zips work great). The only wear spots on the nylon are around the knits on the sleeve openings where there are creases in the material....but even those are pretty minor.
I'm almost certain I am going to sell the jacket as I'm a 44 and I'd like to get an idea of the going rate.
Thanks all....

A

Anonymous

bene said:
I have what appears to be an original B-15C (Blue) that I am trying to determine the fair value of and hoping that some of you can help.

The mouton is in great shape. The knits are pretty rough (moth eaten) and have the usual holes. It does not have a stencil or any sign it ever did. It's a size 38. Overall it's in great shape. It has a Crown zip as the main zipper (very cool spring loaded zipper...I have never seen one in person) and the Comar zip on the sleeve (both zips work great). The only wear spots on the nylon are around the knits on the sleeve openings where there are creases in the material....but even those are pretty minor.
I'm almost certain I am going to sell the jacket as I'm a 44 and I'd like to get an idea of the going rate.
Thanks all....

Post some photos and I'm sure folkwill let you know what they think.

bene

Thanks...Will try and get some photos posted this evening.
BTW...I was a member of the old forum or was it a version or two ago? Anyho...mostly a lurker but I posted under Blackgrass (pretty sure)....mostly about related gear. (Denim, LVC, boots and watches)
I'm also a member of the MWR forum (BenE) for those of you that are members there as well.
Thanks,
Ben

bene

Photos:
IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

A couple of repairs
IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Knits
IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

Jason

Shame about the repairs. I'd say, myself, this would go around the USD $200-250 mark on the open market.
Replacement knits are easy enough to obtain and have installed.

Crown zippers are the coolest things out there, aren't they?

Even though you're a size 44, did you try this on? B-15c jackets are often larger than their tagged size suggests, especially if you have a shorter upper body / arms as I do. I'm a size 40/42 and a size 38 B-15c fits me fine.

asiamiles

bene said:
The only wear spots on the nylon are around the knits on the sleeve openings where there are creases in the material....but even those are pretty minor.

Are you referring to the same jacket in the photos with repaired rips on the sleeve and windflap?

Weasel_Loader

My guess is that in "as is" condition, maybe $300-400. The mouton is in great condition which is rare for these jackets. Replace the knits and maybe get another $150-$250. It's a common size but nice wearable original B-15Cs are difficult to come by now.

bene

asiamiles said:
bene said:
The only wear spots on the nylon are around the knits on the sleeve openings where there are creases in the material....but even those are pretty minor.

Are you referring to the same jacket in the photos with repaired rips on the sleeve and windflap?

Indeed I am. It's funny what you "see" and don't "see" when you are excited about a find isn't it? :oops:

I made the original post without the jacket in front of me and without having a chance to nit-pick all the details. I wasn't able to look at it as closely as I should have until I got it outside in the sun to take some photos and that is when some of the repairs and wear became more obvious. I guess I got a little too excited about my find! To borrow from Zevon... I guess I bit the usherette's leg in the dark! :lol:

The repairs as there and that's a shame and there are a couple of pulls and small holes in the fabric that I didn't catch the first time around that will need to be repaired as well. It's also in need of a good cleaning as I found it in an old junk shop but figured I'd let someone more knowledgeable tackle that task.

I'd like to see the jacket go to someone that would appreciate it, make the necessary repairs and give it the TLC that it needs. If you're interested, PM me and we can work out the details. I'd be glad to send additional photos and provide a more detailed description.

Thanks for the replies.