• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL APOLLO 11 RECOVERY CAP

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Gents,

Everything that goes up must come down, and 51 years ago was the splashdown of the Apollo 11 in the Pacific Ocean, 950 miles southwest of Hawaii.

For that reason I wanted to share today a special piece, an original Apollo 11 recovery cap worn by the crew on the deck of the U.S.S. Hornet on July 24, 1969. These dark blue wool caps were made by Harvard Sports Headwear.

This example has seen some action during its life, but contains great historical value.

Hope you enjoy it!

Regards,
Jorge
77D81907-04E5-433C-8F73-E57F278EEBDF.jpeg
D79BCFB9-6E32-4C39-B45A-E6AE2820AE56.jpeg
40A20B57-41A7-4E3A-BA0D-98860B30A22C.jpeg
120EC874-3E6B-42EB-96F8-5B52C0569036.jpeg

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Thank you guys! Space exploration was one of my favs since I was a kid, those guys at NASA have done things that still blow my mind after half a decade, I’m still far from being on a museum level though, but I’ll be posting more goodies in the next few days! Thanks again!

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Jorge, this is an incredible artifact, thanks for posting. May be in your Aladdin's treasures cave you accidentally have the original patch of Apollo Recovery Team with Snopy?
Hi Dmitry
I don’t have that patch, it is a bit complicated to find/buy authentic NASA patches in general since there are tons of good repros, but perhaps one will cross eventually. :D