• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL ANJ3

Grant

Thought I'd post a couple pics of an all original ANJ3. Except for the leather collar and epaulets, it fits very much like an M422a or ANJ3A. As with all ANJ3's I've seen and handled, there's no indication a spec label was ever sewn in the lining. The zip is a triple marked Talon. Overall it's very comfortable jacket and more practical than an A-2.

ANJ3.jpg
ANJ32.jpg

Grant

Yeah, finding them in this kind of condition is kinda rare these days. Ten, fifteen years ago, they were easier to come by in vintage shops and military shows. The last one I owned was sold to Gary, something I always regretted doing, so happy to have found another in better condition.

Showerfan

I have ordered a repro of this jacket in HH from Dave Sheeley, which I am now even more psyched about. The only detail I don’t love it the half belt look in the back. It’s a personal taste thing, I just don’t dig half belts. I hope to convince Dave to extend it all the way down the back, making it a full kidney panel. Not sure if he’ll budge though...

ausreenactor

I have ordered a repro of this jacket in HH from Dave Sheeley, which I am now even more psyched about. The only detail I don’t love it the half belt look in the back. It’s a personal taste thing, I just don’t dig half belts. I hope to convince Dave to extend it all the way down the back, making it a full kidney panel. Not sure if he’ll budge though...

I am psyched for you too. Dave does amazing work.

ausreenactor

It's easy to throw money at a few choice repros with a little knowledge and get a pat or two on the back.

Jorge has taken this well into the next level. Lots of original items with provenance and history. Between Jorge's jackets/coveralls/shirts, and Edwards desk, I don't need to buy anything. I no longer wait for the Postman, I wait for the 'posts' man.

:)