• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Aero Thunderbay type jacket.

Southoftheborder

Saw this on eBay. It looks like the Canadian jacket that Aero copied when then made the shearling lined Thunderbay.
I can't remember the maker's name and can't be bothered to look it up. The name tag on this is missing and the collar might be a replacement.

It's pretty cheap and if I didn't have a Aero version I would buy it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155081992850

Spitfireace

I have an original of this type of jacket. I had Ken restore it a few years back. Ken said his was made by Franco-Canadian if I recall correctly. Both his and mine have no label though. This one looks to be of the period, but the hardware doesn't look the same. Could be an early copy that was restored to some extent? The belt looks odd, it looks like a cinch type of belt rather than a indexed holes type.

Spitfireace

Having looked at this more closely, I'm pretty sure that both the shoulder panel and the belt panel have both been replaced. Probably quite a while ago, since the shoulder panel has developed a fairly convincing creasing. It's a good price I'd say, since I spent $700 restoring mine.

CBI

I may be wrong but the font on the "horsehide" label looks more like 1970's than "1950" as listed. be careful with jacket thickness when considering the chest measurement!