• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Aero C-3 Vest

MikeyB-17

I dunno, it does look like the sort of mod that would have been done on base. Quite clever really, although it lacks in the execution, and definitely doesn’t improve the vest IMHO, despite the seller trying to make it out to be a selling point. I imagine it wouldn’t be that big a deal to ditch the knit extensions and reattach the sides. Don’t think I’d want to wear one over an A-2, personally.

dmar836

Sure is funny looking and I wouldn’t feel real comfortable with it. It does have a label. Mine has no label. That said a label is no reason to think this wasn’t just as likely modified in the past 65 yrs to fit a biker. That’s the direction my mind takes it. It hard enough to find period damaged or period modified gear unless it comes from the original owner. Such things were trashed. Therefore, to me, without more pointing to the actual story it’s just a surplus hunting vest for a portly dude.
Dave

Ken at Aero Leather

Looks as if it's fitted to accomodate an over indulgence in the Pie Shop
The offending panels would be easily removed but the price seems steep, I suppose the pies didn't come cheap though........
Surely 1942 not 1936?

Carl

Looks like the old mistake of reading the drawing number as the year of manufacture :rolleyes: