Original Aero A-2 - 487th FG - pic heavy

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Greg Gale, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Micawber

Micawber Well-Known Member

The draw of the money paid by some Japanese buyers is indeed strong but it is one I am personally quite content to resist.

2. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Well-Known Member

I can't offer a valuation these days as we rarely check the used market.
    During the days when The Thrift Shop would normally have had a couple of dozen A-2s of a similar level often with no end of provenance, we'd have priced this one no more than £400, CBI fetched the highest, the most we ever got for an A-2 in those days was £700 (8th AF documented with full artwork by know artist)
    These days as far as can see "similar" A-2s seem to hover between x 5 to x 8 times 1980s prices

If that helps?

Pilot likes this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Agree! if provenance is granted and in good possible wearable condition... even more with artwork or patches ( documented) on it.

4. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

There’s currently a really nice Roughwear on eBay being sold in Florida without this provenance and it’s currently up for $4150!! Sorry didn’t copy the link!!

5. taikonaut

taikonaut Active Member

There was a Roughwear size 40 in better condition on ebay for ages last month that was around $1000 BIN

Pilot likes this.
  6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Further to my shout above re EBay see page 3 in the Catch 22 remake thread in Books and Films section,!

8. Charles Reading

Charles Reading New Member

Thank you all for your input. I'm pretty new to all this and am quite impressed with the community surrounding vintage leather jackets.

Cheers,
    C. Reading

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member