• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordering from Japan to European Union

Serghei87

Hi All!!

I ordered recently a Real Mccoy tshirt priced at 8 000 Yen

The price was without tax. The shop i bought they deliver without Tax.

My doubt is. What fees i will pay once i receive it in Luxembourg?

Will i have to pay the tax here?

I ordered just once from Japan.. the Mash knits..but as the price was below 50€ i did not pay any customs or import fees.

As this tshirt is above 50€, will i have to pay some extra fees??

I wondering if the trad agreement between Japan and EU cut the import and customs fees on all orders?

Thanks in advance!

Serghei
C7AF9373-B851-4DDD-A697-73CD74EBB007.png

Southoftheborder

You will pay the VAT unless it creeps in under the radar. I don't know how tough customs are in Luxembourg but for the last decade in the UK not much gets in from outside the EU - which we are still in to all intents and purposes until the end if this year - without paying VAT on it.

John Lever

I get items from Japan in about 3 to 5 days (15) and have never paid any duty. I think the EU has a trade deal in place but not sure if it is operating yet.

Serghei87

I get items from Japan in about 3 to 5 days (15) and have never paid any duty. I think the EU has a trade deal in place but not sure if it is operating yet.
John can you let me know once you get them if you will pay some duties? Thanks

John Lever

Perhaps I didn't explain clearly. I use Juno@bidservice a proxy buyer. He buys/bids ships for a fee of about 20 %.
Dont bother with anyone else...stay clear of Buyee.

ausreenactor

Buyee have always been great for me. They use the purchase price on the invoice. I shipped a buy direct to a UK based member and they got hit with duties on arrival.

I use DNF Export for my dummy gun buys as Buyee wont deal in international firearms sales. For 1980s plastic kits.

Here are the shipping restrictions for Airmail/EMS out of Japan at the moment..

John Lever

Buyee do not accept any returns or take any responsibility for any items that are mis represented or deliberately not as described. They also require your PayPal password as part of the service. When I informed paypel they told me that all cover is voided by doing this.

ausreenactor

Buyee protection depends on which of the four tiers of shipping you pay domestically. Lite, Standard Plan (Inspection and Insurance), Inspection only or Insured Delivery? Have only ever had issues with undeclared odours on two jackets in twelve years of jacket buys. Everything else has been articulated in the pics. And back then I was only buying pretty much new stuff anyway. EMS shipping is internet tracked and takes a few days as you outlined. The COVID stuff is impacting everything. I had to endure a month of Airmail for the KG Luke visor badge to get to Mildura. Took over two weeks to get out of the United States.

I have the option of using Paypal, credit card or Buyee Points for bids/purchases on Buyee. Credit card option will automatically cover any insurance issues. All the invoicing is able to be modified by me and the shipping method selected by me. I prefer using Buyee over eBay's rip off 'Global Priority Shipping Scheme'. Paying duties for items I don't normally have to pay duties on is far from okay. It's a rort. What can you do though? I just factor in the cost of the shipping to my peak bid then throw on what I am happy to pay.

Buyee BIN options are the best and fastest way to secure a jacket. The shipping is another matter at the moment.

Buyee.jpg

John Lever

If you are happy using them then ok.
My proxy buyer ask questions for you checks items on arrival to see if they match the item sold then posts express with no added import taxes.
He takes returns for a refund.

ausreenactor

Hirotake is the man for all of the gun stuff or asking any questions and he does that free of charge. I would say we would be gusting to nearly 80 jackets since 2008. 40 of those were in the first 12 months.

Removing metal barrels from dummy gun kits to avoid the Customs removal/seizure notice/fortfeiture process for the nasty parts. But at the commission price. Buyee fees are negligible in the scheme of things. I think the Buyee option provides anybody here with a pathway to the cheap Yahoo Japan jackets with low fuss.