• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions wanted - LW G1

Earloffunk

We will see - I will try to borrow it and take some pictures and maybe a short written summary what it is like.

silvio76

Bare in mind with an original, depending on what you are able to find, and where you or your old man is situated.... If any cleaning or refurbishment needs doing; knit, zipper, lining, mouton collar etc... This can be a costly and expensive exercise... I have also had the issue with original's, of short sleeves, or should I more accurate;y say... my long arms.
Headwind's M422as are stunning and ooze quality...
Cockpit's 100 Missions and Mil-spec (these come in long sizes also) G-1s are pretty decent repros... Comfortable and well-made. Plus sleeves are a good length for a given size.
AVI LTHR (yes...) has a 55J14 repro which is not bad bang-for-the-buck. They run trim, and besides the knit, they are nice. Easy returns.
Cockpit 100 missions G-1? Is this something new? They have 100 missions A-2 and it is made of lambskin.

Brettafett

No, the Cockpit 100 Missions G-1 is an old favourite. Its goat, just aged slightly before the jacket is built. Same as the Top Gun Hero, without the patches (with some other slight differences). Very comfortable and good quality jacket. Solid. Get one of these, on one of the sales and you will score.

silvio76

No, the Cockpit 100 Missions G-1 is an old favourite. Its goat, just aged slightly before the jacket is built. Same as the Top Gun Hero, without the patches (with some other slight differences). Very comfortable and good quality jacket. Solid. Get one of these, on one of the sales and you will score.
You mean naval aviators 100 missions without patches? I have one, with patches. They do not produce it anymore (with patches).

Earloffunk

Really, in a washing machine? Very interesting. Not going to try it though. I just thought the idea is very funny. Never thought of putting it into washing machine and dryer. But I will do some search.