• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Operation Varsity Irvin.

Lord Flashheart

Saw that episode. Wired Irvin by the look of it.

I've never seen a Wired Irvin repro (yet) but the leather detailing for the wiring conduit (but not the umbilicals) could be quite characterful in a repro I think.

MikeyB-17

Yeah, looks to be in good nick too. I always think the DFC is a particularly beautiful medal.
There’s often interesting military stuff on the Antiques Roadshow, I always try to watch it if I can.

ausreenactor

I get puzzled by some of the values sometimes. 600 year old immaculate vase 300 quid...

100 year old chipped plate... 1000 quid....

Need more military stuff on there.

Agree 100% with the visual appeal of the DFC.

MikeyB-17

Pottery and paintings often seem to attract enormous values in comparison to stuff like jewellery and clocks and watches. Several times I’ve seen something like a lovely old pocket watch, hundreds of hours of craftsmanship, I’ll say ‘this is going to be big money’ and it doesn’t fetch anywhere near what you’d think. As you say , Couchy, some bit of bloody pottery is worth a mint. Seen a couple of old Rolexes worth a lot though, there was one a few weeks ago, rare Sub with full provenance etc., fifty odd grand. I still haven’t recovered from the pre-moon Speedmaster bought for a fiver from a car boot!