• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On the Merits of the Aero 38-1711-P

entertainment

Thanks "e"! The sleeves do creep up a bit when I bend my arms & I'm hoping that they will stretch as well when the hide breaks in & softens.

I too, was hesitating & vacillating (I thought the sleeves were 1" too short, the P2p 1" too big & the length 1' too long), but finally took a chance & pulled the trigger. It turns out the cut, fit & drape of this particular pattern fits me (reasonably well enough), so the gamble paid off.

Sometimes you win & sometimes you lose. In this case, the jacket Gods were smiling upon me...:)
I was worried about the front length at 22" as I am pretty tall. I seriously doubt it would have been quite long enough for me.
Again, the fit looks great on you.
Yes, the jacket Gods were smiling on you!

kirova

DSC_0874.JPG

This is my 1711, got it around 2 years ago during the Aero open day sale, it was one of those apprentice jackets.

got a free shipping code from some post in the forum, 400 GBP shipped to Australia, can't complain :)

Don't have anyone to take photos of me wearing the jacket though

Nickb123

Bloody awesome photos and review particular to this contract. It’s these small observations which are slowly educating me in the difference between contracts. Fantastic looking jacket, I really like Aero reproductions. Partly because they look just so robust. More like this please.

Either here or on the Acme Depot site, I remember reading part of what Aero does with their A-2s is to consider robustness rather than strict copying of a particular contract. I like that. Sold my 18775-P to a guy who immediately resisted it for $300 more…smh.

In all honesty the Vicenza felt too heavy for my liking. I’m sure it would have broken in but I’ve come to prefer lighter hides!

London Cabbie

View attachment 65665

This is my 1711, got it around 2 years ago during the Aero open day sale, it was one of those apprentice jackets.

got a free shipping code from some post in the forum, 400 GBP shipped to Australia, can't complain :)

None of us do.
Place phone on shelf, open camera app, use front facing lens, use 10second timer. Stand very still. Edit. Attach image. Tap full image. Post Job done.