• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old & Tired, But What Is It?

Micawber

If you are capable of turning your hand to jacket restoration it can be fun and rewarding, if you have to farm the work out then save the cash for a decent example.

tda003

Current bid 1 day out is $275.00. The white label puzzles me. I've never seen one in an early jacket and never in an A-2, but I'm a tyro on the subject. At five bids, only 1 mine, it's garnered some interest. These must be off site bidders as it wouldn't be on display this far out. I'll keep watching. It goes live tomorrow. Any more thoughts?

tda003

Just went through the entire auction. This is the only military related or clothing item and one of only a couple in the 20th century.

2BM2K

The white label puzzles me.
When used A2 jackets and such went in for re-servicing to be reissued if the original label was damaged or missing then a replacement label was fitted giving the basic information. This could from other clothing or, as in this case, a newly made label.

Dany McDonald

When used A2 jackets and such went in for re-servicing to be reissued if the original label was damaged or missing then a replacement label was fitted giving the basic information. This could from other clothing or, as in this case, a newly made label.

That piece of information is very interesting and helpful, thank you.

D

tda003

More photos. Just added. Current bid: $300.00. Thoughts?
J
A2Maybe.4.jpg
A2Maybe.5.jpg
A2Maybe.6.jpg
A2Maybe.7.jpg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

Doesn’t look too bad, male side of the zip has had it, knits and liner look like they could be saved, big question is whether there’s any rot, hard to tell from the pics but can’t see anything obvious.

MikeyB-17

It’s sold now. Did ya get it? Looking at the auction pics, the hide looks dirty, and it’s been used for painting, as is so often the case, but I don’t think there’s any rot. Zip’s been replaced. It has definite potential. Could turn out pretty good.

MikeyB-17

Way to go! Look forward to seeing how it looks in the flesh. Could turn out to be a nice jacket with a bit of work.

bazelot

Congrats on the win. I hope you get it soon. My 445b isn't close to shipping out yet. Those auction houses sure take their sweet time...

tda003

I haven't heard anything from the auctioneer about shipping costs yet.
JimO - I've used Dena before. She does excellent work. I just need to track down the parts that need to be replaced after examining the jacket. Tracking down OEM parts can be tricky if You want to do it right. I want it to be correct when it's finished.

blackrat2

Our very own Dave S has zippers , I can say he is great to deal with and contactable on here
If your in UK, Bison leather have zips and knits etc

tda003

Just paid for shipping. It's due to ship Monday. So far, this has cost me 1 1/2 times what I paid for my 1st car ('29 Model A Tudor). With restoration, it could end up costing what my 2nd car ('50 MGTD) cost. Hope it ends up looking that good.