• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Time Design Company - RAF Sweater Later War Blue

leper-colony

I think it looks great even if "everyone" may not understand its pattern quirks. What shirt sleeve are you? I'm (happy with) a 34".

Peter T

might be historically acurate but looks kinda goofy anyway with those short sleeves ... :)
The shorter sleeves are ok, i have the next sweater from WPG, but personaly for me, i prefer OLD TIME CO. Frock. Of course, during war was many, civilian sweaters, prefered by airmen, as well as boots etc.
I personally was looking for exactly the version of what the old time company does.

Micawber

I think the sleeve length would be fine for me but the body would provide ample buttock coverage for my height restricted stature, much like many of the jumpers I seemed to get every Christmas when I was a young person. That was a tradition that stopped when my Nan and Mum passed, funny that.

leper-colony

Polish_20220211_144334124.png

B-Man2

Picked up a white one a while back . Very pleased with it as it’s the only repro out there that closely resembles the original AM Frocks. If you decide to purchase one you will find them loose fitting around the neck , a bit short in the sleeves and long in the torso .

ausreenactor

So reminiscent of jumpers hand knitted by my Nan, mum and aunts and given to me as Christmas presents back when everything was still unblock and white. I did not appreciate them then but given the amount of effort, skill and love that went into the making wish I had one just for old times sake now.
Does anybody knit anymore? Dying art....