• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Good Wear Aero 16160 "The Bad Penny" 91st Bomb Group

CBI

Here is John's (Good Wear) first Aero 16160 "test jacket" A-2 from 5 years ago. I decided to have one painted jacket as the other 15 or so that I have done have been sold off. Decided to keep it low key. Not the best lighting for pics but you get the idea. I picked this up from a forum member recently. HH size 44/46.

Persimmon

John
I do like the idea
Would love to see the jacket in better resolution images though
The paintwork looks very well aged indeed
Well done

CBI

I think you can double click them which takes them to Photobucket and they can be super enlarged. At least it does it for me.

CBI

thanks Jeff - that's the idea but without the worry of damaging an original.......................

Jeff M

Didn't know you could close up picture by double clicking on it.
John was turning out some great jackets back then too.
The jacket really has broken in beautifully. Looks just right, not overdone. From natural wear?

CBI

Regular wear. John hand applied a top coat of leather dye that would fade off over time. I added some Pecards which gave the undercoat a reddish "Aero" undertone color. Yes, John was doing killer stuff even in his "earlier" stages.

TankBuster

Very nice. I agree, some of Johns earlier items were pretty killer. I have his 1st Dubow repro that he worked on for quite a while. Still have it and it looks fantastic!

CBI

Someone on FL asked me about the patch so I took a quick close up with flash. Just FYI: