• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OG slant pocket jungle jacket

blackrat2

Morning all, have been thinking of buying a Vietnam era jungle jacket and just wonder if any of you can give me some info on them
What is the subtle differences between the patterns, how big do they actually run, I am figuring I would probably be a size medium/regular
How much should I be paying for one (does anyone have one for sale), and where is a good place to look for them, eBay is all over the place price wise and I am quickly falling out of love with eBay as they are always making money outta you somewhere
Any help would be appreciated and indeed any pics of different patterns would be kinda cool

B-Man2

The Viet nam fatigues were called “Sateens”. They were all Olive Drab colored. They were made over sized to let air flow thru them and also to help them dry quickly. The hot humid and rainy weather necessitated having loose clothing that would dry quickly . They also shrink if put into a dryer so be aware of that as well. The slant breast pockets made it easier to access them. I have a couple of sets around, if I can find them I’ll post some photos .

blackrat2

Originals are pretty pricey as majority in the US so shipping and customs soon makes for a expensive garment