• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off Season A-2 Storage

crazyace

Hi Everyone, I am looking for advice on storing my ELC House in HH For the off season. I had thought maybe of putting it in the cedar chest but will it breathe at all? I do not really want to hang it,maybe a breathable garment bag with some cedar chips under the bed? Any methods you do?

Thanks Rob

Persimmon

crazyace said:

Hi Everyone, I am looking for advice on storing my ELC House in HH For the off season. I had thought maybe of putting it in the cedar chest but will it breathe at all? I do not really want to hang it,maybe a breathable garment bag with some cedar chips under the bed? Any methods you do?

Thanks Rob

Throw in on the floor of your cloakroom.
Pick it up when you want to wear it and throw it back on the floor when you get home.
Its character building so to speak ...
Just what you jacket needs

crazyace

Kinda what I do with it now but when I am not wearing it for a longer period of time I worry about attack of the killer moths.

ghq1

Eastman has, in fact, thought about this very issue and is willing to provide their own over-ripe huckleberry for the low, low storage price of . . . . . 70 quid

Jacketstoragemont.jpg

Dr H

What's off season? :?
Wearing my A-1 today with flecks of snow in the air (and a sleeveless sweater underneath).

Dr H

Persimmon said:
Throw in on the floor of your cloakroom.
Pick it up when you want to wear it and throw it back on the floor when you get home.
Its character building so to speak ...
Just what you jacket needs

Have you been advising my sons Alan? :roll:

ButteMT61

Storing an A-2/G-1, etc. with knits requires some possible forethought. If you have moths, you want to store them with something to keep them away. Moth balls work, but smell bad. Cedar (wood) works as well.
Otherwise, you many end up with some expensive and ugly repairs.

crazyace

Thanks,that is the very thing I want to avoid! maybe the cedar chest would be the easiest and best option. I wear this jacket every time I can but just in case I am not wearing it for any length of time I don`t want to take any chances.

Rob

Rutger

Dr H said:
What's off season? :?
Wearing my A-1 today with flecks of snow in the air (and a sleeveless sweater underneath).

Isn't it freezing over there? You're close enough to Holland to be suffering from the same weather systems. We've got daytime -5 °C with heavy wind, -10 °C when I go to work at 6 in the morning, it is so god$%&* cold. Sleeved sweater and A-2 show that leather itself is a poor insulator, so I look at my A-1 thinking I'd be nuts to put it on.

Ah, but you're the obsessive A1 feller ;) .

Dr H

Yes, it's a bit parky!
I'm using my ELC A-1 with a fairisle vest/tank top underneath or, if it gets cooler, as a leather jerkin. It's such a soft leather that it doesn't feel obtrusive. :D

Persimmon

Dr H said:
Yes, it's a bit parky!
I'm using my ELC A-1 with a fairisle vest/tank top underneath or, if it gets cooler, as a leather jerkin. It's such a soft leather that it doesn't feel obtrusive. :D

Wore my A1 to work.
Cold weather .
No wimps here !!