• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NorShor 30's Aviator

fishmeok

Hello

Thought I would post some pics of an Aviator we made. Seal brown cow that we dyed jet black, candy stripe wool knits, wool plaid liner and M42 Talon.

Norshorleatherjackets.com

1664729311993.jpeg

1664729366389.jpeg

1664729394969.jpeg

1664729429408.jpeg

1664729459307.jpeg

1664729495281.jpeg

Dany McDonald

Hello Mark,

Man I love the way you work your leather. The red/green candy stripe knits is a nice contrast with the black hide.

Its hard not to imagine myself and this Aviator cruising the Triumph!

Thanks for sharing,

Dany

Last edited:

CBI

love this!!!! I'm really not in the market at this time for any more leather jackets EXCEPT, this Aviator/Aviatrix style is still enticing. Love the collar. I could be talked into one of these. Jay has a nice version at Headwind................I'm JUST stating my opinion, not meaning to enter the Headwind maelstrom, its just a nice looking jacket!

Last edited:

mulceber

dunno where the hell ya got those knits, but they are as seen on 1930s-40s civy jackets. Also, they were often used as replacements on original a-2s, way back then. Outstanding!
Y'know, it's interesting that you say that: in most of the photos, those knits look brown, but I could well imagine them looking green in different lighting. A while back, a member who shall remain nameless (but who took his name from a famous physicist) observed that the knits on McQueen's depot re-dyed jacket in the Great Escape look green in a lot of lights. I wonder if they could have been replacement knits like these.

bseal

Y'know, it's interesting that you say that: in most of the photos, those knits look brown, but I could well imagine them looking green in different lighting. A while back, a member who shall remain nameless (but who took his name from a famous physicist) observed that the knits on McQueen's depot re-dyed jacket in the Great Escape look green in a lot of lights. I wonder if they could have been replacement knits like these.

25D8B7E0-7BC5-4F68-AF25-CF7856012A06.gif

Dany McDonald

I did own a vintage shearling biker jacket that had them too, gave it away to friend during a drinking night...

Here's a 1950's civilian N-1 with them, not mine though.

CIvilian N-1.jpg

CIvilian N-1_2.jpg

Last edited: