• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No response from BK??

jeremiah

yep, but the indy jackets with collar stands have no buttons. like I said. not for me.

that's very true Jon,
the RW I had that I sold to Falcon was not too bad. I think I am basing my collar stand disapproval on the indy jacket I have and probably will never wear again.

and that collar laid flat regardless of being buttoned or not.

Southoftheborder

So what your saying is that I will need to buy a few different A-2 versions to truly appreciate the individual design and character from the different contracts......
Boy is my wife going to be pissed!! X ' D

I've only ever found one A2 contract that really fitted me the way I like and I've bought and moved on many from the big name makers over the years, some bought new but mostly s/h. If you buy used at the right price you can treat it as a try on and always get your money back by selling it on.

HeliPilot23

You guys are awesome. Thank you very much for all of your helpful info. You have made this process a much eaiser one. I will place the order today and get the ball rolling. ;)

HeliPilot23

Im going to place the order for the werber 1402 but will have to confirm the overall measurements as a whole. For my body type the RW 27752 or Dubow may be a better fit. I will see what Andy suggests.
Im 6'3" 205lbs SH-19 SHouter-50.5 P2P-23 SL-26 Back-26

mulceber

Andy's the best person to speak to these issues, and won't steer you wrong. My impression though is that the RWs aren't the jackets people typically go to when they're looking for an athletic fit. Like I said though, Andy will be able to help you figure out what contract will best meet your hopes.

Skip

Im going to place the order for the werber 1402 but will have to confirm the overall measurements as a whole. For my body type the RW 27752 or Dubow may be a better fit. I will see what Andy suggests.
Im 6'3" 205lbs SH-19 SHouter-50.5 P2P-23 SL-26 Back-26

Hey I’m very close to your measurements, same height, but 40 chest. Vi have two Werner’s, one fro BK and they are a trim fit; love the collar but my neck is slim, if you like a bit more wiggle room a Dubow or Star as J suggested might not be a bad thing. Don’t forget to allow half inch for leather skrinkage as she wears in

PM me if you wish to discuss in greater detail otherwise wear it well

HeliPilot23

Hey I’m very close to your measurements, same height, but 40 chest. Vi have two Werner’s, one fro BK and they are a trim fit; love the collar but my neck is slim, if you like a bit more wiggle room a Dubow or Star as J suggested might not be a bad thing. Don’t forget to allow half inch for leather skrinkage as she wears in

PM me if you wish to discuss in greater detail otherwise wear it well
Was not aware of the shrinkage. Will PM you for more details

johnwayne

Shrinkage is probably the wrong term as none of my jackets have shrunk after many years but yes once leather softens, creases and moulds to you torso you might find the sleeves 'seem' slightly shorter and the waist sitting a tad higher but I certainly wouldn't use that as a reason to buy an oversize jacket, it'll just feel cool like it should!!!

jeremiah

Think of leather with cell structure (because it does have cell structure ha). These fibers contain the tannins, or salts for Chrome tanned leather, which replaced the fats and content that would spoil and cause the hide to deteriorate. Now it lasts and retains it's suppleness. However, like anyone who used to have a good ball glove they left outdoors noticed, the leather will eventually begin to stiffen, become brittle and eventually crack. Especially the leather that is used a lot. This happens when those tannins evaporate out of the leather each time it is exposed to heavy water and then dries. Using conditioners before the leather is dry does tend to help in the short run. Who knows if it really does last though.

Anyway, as these fibers expand and contract, they can gather closer and pull tighter so the leather does in a way shrink, but not in the way you think. It doesn't lose material.