• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No response from BK??

HeliPilot23

Hello all,

I have been trying to contact Andy at BK to place an order for an A-2 and have had no response. He emailed me after my initial email to him and just stopped resopnding. I have made four email attemps and even tried using my wifes email address thinking maybe I was being put into his spam folder. It has been over the past six weeks and am not sure what else I can do. Are there any reps from BK on here that I can message? Is anyone else having this issue? I have been directing my emails to sales@billkelsomfg and the emails are being sent successfully.

I would just order one outright but need the measurements for the 44 and 46 to find which will fit me best. I am debating between the Werber 1402 and the RW 27752.

Also, I was told by Andy that the RW 27752 and the RW 23380 were the same cut and wonder if anyone knows what makes them different if they have the exact same cut.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Peter

tibor

My experience with BK is they respond once and then follow-up frequently after you place the order. I think you can put in the comments that you want to work out the custom measurements... and that is generally what they expect.

mulceber

Agree with what’s been said above: put in your best guess for the size, make the purchase, and Andy will be in touch to fine-tune the sizing. On my recent one I initially ordered a 44R, but after exchanging emails we went down to a 42R.

On the differences between the styles: they're reproductions of different contracts made for the USAAF. Also, they might fit the same, but differ slightly in certain details: collar or pocket shape, types of hardware, stuff like that.

Pilot

Top notch makers incl. BK and others.., if or not or accepted in VLJ, may be able to choose/pick their buyers...will get shot for that...:)

Last edited:

HeliPilot23

Agree with what’s been said above: put in your best guess for the size, make the purchase, and Andy will be in touch to fine-tune the sizing. On my recent one I initially ordered a 44R, but after exchanging emails we went down to a 42R.

On the differences between the styles: they're reproductions of different contracts made for the USAAF. Also, they might fit the same, but differ slightly in certain details: collar or pocket shape, types of hardware, stuff like that.
I see. Thank you. I really want a sharp looking athletic fit with a nice high collar. I was originally looking at the RW 23380 but thought the werber 1402 may be a better choice. I would appreciate any suggestions. Kinda hard to choose when you can only look at pics online and not see them in person.

Pilot

I see. Thank you. I really want a sharp looking athletic fit with a nice high collar. I was originally looking at the RW 23380 but thought the werber 1402 may be a better choice. I would appreciate any suggestions. Kinda hard to choose when you can only look at pics online and not see them in person.
Good luck..

HeliPilot23

Wilco. Thank you

mulceber

Based on your description, you might want to look at one of the Dubow contracts. They're basically famous for their collar and their athletic fit:

http://www.billkelsomfg.com/store/en.php?p=productview&prod=12
http://www.billkelsomfg.com/store/en.php?p=productview&prod=13

Also the Star contract on their site:
http://www.billkelsomfg.com/store/en.php?p=productview&prod=18

mulceber

I'll defer to others on this, but my impression is that, while a collar stand contributes to a collar looking higher, other elements of the construction, such as the shape of the collar, are just as important.

Skip

Spot on mulceber. Collar stands make a collar sir prominent, much like the name suggests. I find my Werber 1402p has a collar that sits higher than my Dubow 28873. Shoulder/ collar design, neck hole all contribute

HeliPilot23

Spot on mulceber. Collar stands make a collar sir prominent, much like the name suggests. I find my Werber 1402p has a collar that sits higher than my Dubow 28873. Shoulder/ collar design, neck hole all contribute
So what your saying is that I will need to buy a few different A-2 versions to truly appreciate the individual design and character from the different contracts......
Boy is my wife going to be pissed!! X ' D

jeremiah

nah, but you might find you like how one fits your body type better than others. I tried a collar stand once, not for me. just need a big name maker willing to participate in the Amazon wardrobe program where you try and wear for a few days before committing to purchase. ha.

mulceber

Thanks Skip! And, just to state the obvious, whether the collar looks high or not also depends a great deal on whether you're wearing the collar snaps fastened or not...