• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No longer pacing (long)

tgd31968

Some of you may have read my thread "pacing like an expecant father" regarding the Aero B-3 I ordered in June. It arrived first week of October, and I sent it back the next week.
Well, the saga continues. I asked for a remake in Seal with russet trim, and I asked a couple questions. A week went by with no response, I assumed Mark was probably on vacation, so I sent another after 8 or so days.
Got the following:

Hey Terry, you'll see the jacket either this month or next. It's not gonna be Jan.--your's is being given Priority over other sheepskin jackets to be made.

New orders will be Jan eta--doesn't apply to you.

Good news right?

Well, another week goes by, and I get this last night:

Hey Terry

Just wanted to run this by you: We're really bogged down with orders, both old and new.
There's a good chance we can get your remake made/shipped before Christmas but there's also the possibility that we cannot. We're busting at the seams already with what's got to be made/shipped before the factory closes down from Dec. 23 til Jan 5th.

I guess my question to you is shall we leave everything as-is right now knowing that it may not be done by the 23rd OR should we just forget the whole thing and call it quits?
I certainly don't want you to think we don't want to make it--just trying to be realistic on the delivery. If you wait you'll be guaranteed to get it either in Dec. OR sometime in Jan.--if not, now worries--I understand totally and will get the refund process wheels in motion.

So, now I have another decision on my hands. I have already contacted Eastman to get an idea of cost and timing, and Gary responded less than 6 hours later. I like it so far.... With the drop in the pound, I will end up paying about the same as I have into the Aero for a Roughwear from eastman, so cost is a wash. I am actually leaning toward a seal/russet, so it would be slightly less than the Aero. I guess timing will dictate what I do since I would actually like to wear this in the winter.
I am not knocking Aero. Until this last couple of weeks, I was perfectly understanding. Those last two e-mails a week apart though have me a bit disappointed, and I have worked side by side with enough salesmen in my job over the last 15 years to know that the part about "we are not saying we don't want to make it but the lead time is going to be long... is what most of them tell customers when they really want them to go away, but they just don't want to say that. I really don't think I was being that much of a PITA customer. Maybe I am reading too much into that part.
At any rate, I have some thinking to do over the next couple of days.

Wow, I feel like I should be paying all of you for this couch time. But there is nothing like Sheepskin to replace therapy. You can pick up a nice jacket for the price of a couple of sessions.

Terry

John Lever

Terry, Aero are always very busy, and although they are lovely people to deal with they can sometimes take a while to do specials. If you really want the jacket to wear before Xmas, I don't think it's too much to ask for a definite answer.
Eastman made my B-3 in a couple of weeks.

Stony

If it were me, I'd cancel the order and buy a new set of golf clubs. But seriously, take the money and run.

MikeyB-17

Cancel it and get the Eastman. I loved my Aero B-3, but the ELC B-3s are better jackets, especially in the new sheepskin. No contest.

Cliff

Sorry but this is a "no brainer" so I will add my two penny worth to the other's.......Eastman everytime. Their Roughwear B3 is simply beautiful.

tgd31968

Much to your relief, I am sure, this will be my final post on this subject.
As stated above, on 11/18 I got this note:
Hey Terry

Just wanted to run this by you: We're really bogged down with orders, both old and new.
There's a good chance we can get your remake made/shipped before Christmas but there's also the possibility that we cannot. We're busting at the seams already with what's got to be made/shipped before the factory closes down from Dec. 23 til Jan 5th.

I guess my question to you is shall we leave everything as-is right now knowing that it may not be done by the 23rd OR should we just forget the whole thing and call it quits?
I certainly don't want you to think we don't want to make it--just trying to be realistic on the delivery. If you wait you'll be guaranteed to get it either in Dec. OR sometime in Jan.--if not, now worries--I understand totally and will get the refund process wheels in motion.

Ok, so it irritated me a bit. I got over it, contacted Eastman, bothered Gary with a bunch of questons. I was out of town the last two days, and was planning to press the button on an order to Eastman when I got home tonight, then tell Aero to send me a refund.

So, I get home today to this one, 3 days after the above:

Hey terry, looks like your replacement jacket is finished and leaving the factory either today or Monday. I just received the preliminary notification of parcel shipment. Glad they could pull it off as I was beginning to worry a bit we might not be able to get 'er done before Christmas.
Anyway, back to you when it arrives. Thanks terry!

Thankfully I had held off ordering until I got home. I am actually pissed right now, but I will suck it up and wait for the jacket to arrive. Hopefully I like it, and the matter will be closed. Only I could take something so simple as ordering a jacket and turn it into such a Cluster F.