• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nice star sportswear with a kwik zipper

Peter Graham

Very nice indeed. It measures very small for a 42, more like a 38. The decals are post WW2 so it must have been re-issued for Korea.

shanghai joe

Peter Graham said:
Very nice indeed. It measures very small for a 42, more like a 38. The decals are post WW2 so it must have been re-issued for Korea.

pete,

most prob it's a 40 cos there's no nonclementure tag and with originals a 40 would measure 42 actual.

Roughwear

I own a size 42 Star and it measures bigger than this one. I would estimate its a size 40. Rare jacket BTW.

Photo #5 shows pocket tag stamped "42."

Seems small to me, though, as well. Maybe measurements are inaccurate--which opens up a whole new can of worms. If the jacket is actually larger than measured, I'd be tempted . . . . Roughwear--could you post your Star 42 mesasurments?

Roughwear

stubbyeighth said:

Seems small to me, though, as well. Maybe measurements are inaccurate--which opens up a whole new can of worms. If the jacket is actually larger than measured, I'd be tempted . . . . Roughwear--could you post your Star 42 mesasurments?

Pit to pit is 22.5", sleeves are 24", across the shoulders:18.5" and down the back from base of collar to bottom of hem: 25". Mine is tagged 42 on the label. There was as we know some variation between jackets tagged the same size. Mistakes were also made, with the wrong tag on a jacket. The measurements of my Star are similar to other size 42 originals in my collection. The seller may have made errors in measuring his jacket.

Jason

my size42 Perry has similar measurements, although in the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement the Perry is 3/4 inch wider.
I'd buy this one to fit as a size 40 which would be tight in the shoulders (ie you'd have to have narrow shoulders for your size 40 frame)

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
stubbyeighth said:

Pit to pit is 22.5", sleeves are 24", across the shoulders:18.5" and down the back from base of collar to bottom of hem: 25". Mine is tagged 42 on the label. There was as we know some variation between jackets tagged the same size. Mistakes were also made, with the wrong tag on a jacket. The measurements of my Star are similar to other size 42 originals in my collection. The seller may have made errors in measuring his jacket.

with shoulders of 17 ins I'll say the 40 is more befittingof a 21 ins pit to pit

taikonaut

Jason said:
my size42 Perry has similar measurements, although in the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement the Perry is 3/4 inch wider.
I'd buy this one to fit as a size 40 which would be tight in the shoulders (ie you'd have to have narrow shoulders for your size 40 frame)

I thought Perry's measurement were usually smaller? A size 40 Perry would be similar to a size 38 from other makes?