• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos of A-2's

ausreenactor

An aviation cadet models his new A-2 jacket. Note the drape/lay of the leather. Looks like his pinned wings to the front, not caring about re-sale value. Also note his tie is black, so this could be early or pre-war.

View attachment 78895
What trouser belt is that? Officer should be the slide through buckle with the pin. OR belt would be the weave through square?

Chandler

Another from an old archive collection. Many stories told on the faces here.

XVfwXp7.jpg

Chandler

Outside a FEMALE outhouse ….. (notice the heart in the door);)
I never knew there was a distinction -- my great-grandparents' was unisex... ahead of their time. ;)

So, if the heart is for women, does that mean the (typically seen) crescent moon is for men? :p

B-Man2

I never knew there was a distinction -- my great-grandparents' was unisex... ahead of their time. ;)

So, if the heart is for women, does that mean the (typically seen) crescent moon is for men? :p
I think the crescent is unisex but the heart is for women. Not really sure as I grew up in the city but had to deal with these when I went to visit my grandmothers and aunts farms in Wisconsin:rolleyes:
66A3B249-9162-4AED-861F-FB03F5D6D42B.jpeg
30737C8B-8EB8-4305-8FE2-C9C7425BD7AD.png

P-47 thunderbolt

I feel that alot of airborne a2s seem on the large side.....perhaps in keeping with the jump jacket/ oversized style of paratroopers