• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos of A-2's

Kermit3D

88183233_2755753021208744_5859916708508073984_n.jpg

Chandler

It should … it’s a tough call when you can’t see the collar , pockets or zipper but there are some amazing guys here that can just look at that photo and tell you “ It a ——- “ sadly I’m not one of them :D
The very trim fit is what made me look twice. "Hey sarge, I wanna wear this under my B-3, can you size me down?" ;)

You can sort'a see the pocket flaps, and there's no collar stand -- but, yeah, like to see the collar snaps.

B-Man2

The very trim fit is what made me look twice. "Hey sarge, I wanna wear this under my B-3, can you size me down?" ;)

You can sort'a see the pocket flaps, and there's no collar stand -- but, yeah, like to see the collar snaps.
Hell ….. if I didn’t have the ELC A2 book .. I wouldn’t be able to tell an A2 from a B-3 :oops:

;)

Chandler

Has epaulettes -- can't recall if there were any ANs with epps.

Also, would an AN wind-flap be that tall?

Maybe a private purchase?

Dany McDonald

Grant, have you also noticed how pale the shade of that B-10 is compared with the gabardine of the guy standing next to him? The other B-10 looks more dark like the more common greenish shade we see on color originals.

D

bfd70

Captain Mahlon W. Mattison - 784th BS Squadron Bombardier (Left)
The other officer (right) is brother Bradford Mattison, 9th AF
View attachment 10399
In this picture it is apparent that something is being carried in the left pocket. It’s interesting to me that through all contracts the pockets are so narrow (or whatever the correct term is for front to back, not shallow...) that very little can be fit into them. Currently they hold an iphone. Is there anything that was carried frequently in them historically?

Maverickson

In this picture it is apparent that something is being carried in the left pocket. It’s interesting to me that through all contracts the pockets are so narrow (or whatever the correct term is for front to back, not shallow...) that very little can be fit into them. Currently they hold an iphone. Is there anything that was carried frequently in them historically?

See below for what was carried in my M-422 Switlik jacket's pocket. Those WW-2 era morphine syringe (unopened) packages fit perfectly into those pockets.

Morphine Syringes.jpg

That same bulge in the right pocket is seen in the 1944 pic taken on Attu.

My Switlik M-422 Worn.jpg

As seen with the packages removed. However, I left the pencil which was also present when I received this jacket. There is a permanent bulge in the jacket's left pocket.

Switlik Pencil In Pocket.jpg

Cheers, Dave

Last edited: