• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos (all jackets except A-2's)

Kermit3D

Flight-nurse-unifoms-WWII.jpg

Paul Glover

We should not forget what an important role those young women performed. Its not just having the ability and courage to fly all sorts of aircraft from fighters to heavy bombers, but flying in all weather conditions usually without radio communication and navigating to often camouflaged small airfields !, utmost respect to them all !. And a great photo.

Micawber

These photos came tucked into an original 398th BG H unit history that I owned some years ago. There were three in total all showing the same young man, I include two here. These are original images of a yet to be identified airman and crew [rest assured attempts were made to ID both many years ago while there were still a good number of 398th veterans about].

G1a.jpg

G1a Crew.jpg

B-Man2

These photos came tucked into an original 398th BG H unit history that I owned some years ago. There were three in total all showing the same young man, I include two here. These are original images of a yet to be identified airman and crew [rest assured attempts were made to ID both many years ago while there were still a good number of 398th veterans about].

View attachment 52060

View attachment 52061
Steve
That looks like a B-2 jacket the lone airmen is wearing . If that’s the case he may well have been in one of the earliest crews in the 398th BG.