• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos (all jackets except A-2's)

flyincowboy

Did you watch it? I did, enjoyed it, what a great variation of A2 jackets, everything from russet to almost black
yes i really enjoyed the movie ! was surprised that the B2 caps were made in Russet redskin colours ...even seen young steve with his dog near the astrodome of a b17. My guess is that is a nice tribute to this generation. This movie must be defenitely seen.

Last edited:

JonnyCrow

yes i really enjoyed the movie ! was surprise that the B2 caps were made in Russet redskin colours ...even seen young steve with his dog near the astrodome of a b17. My guess is that is a nice tribute to this generation. This movie must be defenitely seen.
I saw that! Russet red shearling caps

JonnyCrow

yes i really enjoyed the movie ! was surprise that the B2 caps were made in Russet redskin colours ...even seen young steve with his dog near the astrodome of a b17. My guess is that is a nice tribute to this generation. This movie must be defenitely seen.
Loved the spaniel sat on the b17 nose and the black terrier, definitely needs to be watched

JonnyCrow

yes i really enjoyed the movie ! was surprised that the B2 caps were made in Russet redskin colours ...even seen young steve with his dog near the astrodome of a b17. My guess is that is a nice tribute to this generation. This movie must be defenitely seen.
I saw stuff I hadn't seen before, such variation, stripes drawn on jackets, shoes worn with flight suits, nice to see the fields of poppies and rape seed plants along with hawthorn hedges in those English bases, great documentary

VeraVoulik

Lend lease Irvins

TVdKeeMdhbk.jpg

Cyril

Does anyone of you knows something about the USN-stenciled cloth jacket above? The photo (LIFE magazine) shows a pre-WW2 USMC pilot in the 1930s.