• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos (all jackets except A-2's)

Kermit3D

@mulceber , I don't like to snitch, but this guy stole your B-6 !

(Screenshot from "The Cold Blue")

TCB_01.jpg

Last edited:

Chandler

@mulceber , I don't like to snitch, but this guy stole your B-6 !

(Screenshot from "The Cold Blue")

View attachment 97535
Another flopped image. Nametag on the (wearer's) right (I can see his shirt/sweater buttoned opposite, too).

Watching the film, I saw a lot of this. Just odd how they, somehow, reversed things.

Sorry -- OCD carry over from my years as a print graphic artist. ;)

Kermit3D

Another flopped image. Nametag on the (wearer's) right (I can see his shirt/sweater buttoned opposite, too).

Watching the film, I saw a lot of this. Just odd how they, somehow, reversed things.

Sorry -- OCD carry over from my years as a print graphic artist. ;)

Yeah, I didn't even notice but it's much better this way :) :

TCB_01.jpg

I wonder why they made a mirror on the picture.

J.R.303

Right this definitely works, it's the one I watched today, good quality full thing, it's the first came up on my TV YouTube just ignore the Indonesian subtitles haha

I am in the UK, is that the problem?
Edit. That would seem to be the problem, having checked where people are from.

Micawber

Right this definitely works, it's the one I watched today, good quality full thing, it's the first came up on my TV YouTube just ignore the Indonesian subtitles haha

It's probably unavailable in certain countries on YT due to copyright issues. Apparently you can see it JC but some parts of the civilised world cannot. Simple really and quite common.
The Cold Blue is available on DVD & BlueRay and on HBO. I knew and was friends with some who appear in the production and period footage, quite a bit was shot by William Wyler and his crew and crews in more than one BG during gathering material for what was to become the Memphis Belle documentary but unused in that production thus unworn by related showing and handling of the master print- as discussed on here previously.
Some priceless footage nicely cleaned up but to my mind the colours have been over enhanced during the digital restoration so cannot be accepted as a true representation of how it was back in 1943.