• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Patina

Ken at Aero Leather

Found on google
A-2 Original.png

Smithy

Yeah those aren't the kinds of chaps to lie their jackets on the floor on acid free paper or cross the road if there's a rough wall right beside the footpath!

B-Man2

That's one "distressed" A2. But I've never seen the other style jacket before. What model is that Ken?

Silver Surfer

they look like a pair of texas or oaklahoma oil rig rats. real nbt guys. the jacket on the right looks like a pretty basic slightly longer hb, probably with side entry pockets below the flaps. aero make something like this.

MikeyB-17

I think that bloke needs a new fur collar!
Awesome, I wonder what the shoulder patch is on the A-2.

Grant

Right, it's a RRL photo, inspired by Mike DisFarmer, of RRL guys wearing vintage jackets. Here's an original Disfarmer image that I'll bet inspired RRL.

Dis.jpg

Ken at Aero Leather

I’m pretty sure this is a RRL advert from a few years back
Thanks for the info Chamboid

That expains one thing I couldn't come to terms with...........
Why were two guys in heavily used and obviously fairly old leather jackets both wearing identical (brand) new shirts...............which obviously weren't part of a uniform?

I'd agree, a Dubow A-2 and a Long Half Belt http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=26 but with a Fur Collar option, hopefully an Aero Fur Collar would have lasted longer!!!

johnwayne

My original thought was the A2 was poss a size too big then the more I looked I didn't think the pic was old, good pic though nonetheless! Yes I thought Dubow or poss Spiewak, with replacement cuffs! The original pic is a far better pic too, black and white as it should be rather than the first pic that started as colour and converted, hence it 'greyness'!!

Garylafortuna

That second photo looks like Clyde and Buck at a photoshoot. The only thing missing is the hardware and the 32 Ford. Grab a gaze at the shine on that man's shoes. Very prepossessing.