• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice ELC B6 in France

Kermit3D

Nice !
This is the old version of the B-6 ELC with the adjustment straps on the sides (the current version of the B-6 ELC has zippers).

On the B-6, most jackets had adjustment zippers. On the later B-6 models (from 1943), adjustment straps replaced the zippers.
The Aero Leather contract B-6 jacket is equipped with zippers (some very rare late production models have straps).
The Arnoff contract of the B-6 jacket is equipped with straps.
The Poughkeepsie contract is also equipped with straps.

VeraVoulik

Nice !
This is the old version of the B-6 ELC with the adjustment straps on the sides (the current version of the B-6 ELC has zippers).

On the B-6, most jackets had adjustment zippers. On the later B-6 models (from 1943), adjustment straps replaced the zippers.
The Aero Leather contract B-6 jacket is equipped with zippers (some very rare late production models have straps).

Indeed, not the most usual one.

mulceber

Nice !

Interesting that some of the Aeros had it too. I wonder why. The possibility that occurs to me is that it was a time-saving measure, since I imagine the side zippers were a pain to attach.

Kermit3D

According to the book "Full Gear", there are two versions of the Aero Leather contract. Version 1 (1940 to 1943) and version 2 (1943 only).
The version 1 is widely the most common (zippers). and the version 2 seems to be very rare (straps).

No idea why this change... maybe the straps offers more possibilities of size adjustment?
However, in everyday life, it seems to me that the zippers are more practical.

Kermit3D

Aero Leather version 2 Contract No 43- 13616 AF (straps) :

aero b6 v2.jpg

Kermit3D

Jan, just out of curiosity, what is the contract number on your B-6 ?

(sorry for deviating from the original thread topic...)