• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Cyclist Jacket (Hartmann) on ebay.de

Kermit3D

A nice cyclist jacket (hartmann jacket) for sale on ebay.
I think it's a little small for me if not I would have bid on it (I still hesitate ;)). It should fit a size 40-42 ? I would need some more measurements.
It is possible that the shoulder buttons were added to make it look like a luftwaffe jacket.
Still a very nice jacket, rare and in good condition.

I have a doubt on waist tightening buckles ... normally it's "D" buckles.

Shoulder to shoulder : 45 cm
Arm length: 61 cm
Pit to pit : 55 cm

ebayde01.jpg

ebayde02.jpg

ebayde03.jpg

ebayde04.jpg

ebayde05.jpg

ebayde06.jpg

Last edited:

Kermit3D

It's a size that's not too small... so it's wearable by many people.
But often sellers ask too much for this kind of jacket. Few people are willing to pay 2000 dollars (some ask much more) for a leather jacket with an uncertain past.
The epaulets buttons (which suggest that the jacket belonged to a German pilot) are probably not original and are used to artificially raise the price.

I bet it won't be sold because it won't reach the seller's minimum price...

On the other hand, if it leaves at less than 700 euros, I will have regrets :D

Pilot

Saw it.. will make a lot of ignorants happy for the next offering…texting commenting etc..
But:
Post war zips ! post war liner! post war “ Luftwaffe make up!”
invented waist loops…
As Burt already correctly mentioned.. more LW jackets on sale than Luftwaffe ever had pilots…:)
BTW… selling Mario :)

B-Man2

The first thing you notice is that none of the hardware ie buttons match . Cuffs buttons don’t match pockets or epaulettes and look to be a different color. Pocket zips look new compared to main zip . I’m not really knowledgeable on these jackets but those are the first things that stand out to me .

Rory Schultz

Pilot is correct! Pimped out jacket.

Remember what I warned you guys about these turkeys in Germany. They are several of the same guys with numerous ID's
roomnine rbnrbal and all the same guys. There are 3 guys that work together swapping out, relisting items from one guy to make it look as though sold then resold under another alias.

Did you see this listing? The pimp job is so obvious having Hervor zipper with Made in France on the reverse.......Post war zipper.

WK2 Hartmann Fliegerjacke Luftwaffe flight jacket Lederjacke leather jacket WW2 | eBay

Then under his other alias he has another pimped out jacket which is obvious. The crossover waist button is added but the killer is the American snaps on the cuffs.

WK2 1940 Luftwaffe Fliegerjacke Hartmann Lederjacke Pilotenjacke grosse Grösse | eBay

You should look up his other items up for sale if you want to have a good laugh are the 1970 batteries for sale a ton of money. Tourist baseball hats with claims they are player used. Worn out Nike tennis shoes for a ton of money claiming they are rare.

But the biggest most outrageous one is the American Flag Nylon 50 star flag 5ft x 9.5ft claiming it is from a US Battleship from Iraq War 1995-2005 selling it for almost 4,500.00 US dollars. Talk about delusional... since they have not built Battle ships since WW2 and all are Museum ships.

Battleship flags were 20 ft on the hoist and 38 ft on the fly. The 50 star flag was not in use until 1960 when Hawaii became a state.
All U.S. Naval flags are made at the Charleston Navy Yard in South Carolina. I had told that fool that the Valley Forge Flag Co. does not make flags for U.S. NAVY and never has. They make flags for the civilian population and some government buildings. I informed him that you can buy souvenier flags that get raised and lowered that fly momentarily over the WH and on museum ships for the tourist trade. He refuses to hear the truth, and prefers to live in his dream la la.

Rory Schultz

You know what is annoying is that I enable the notification to contact me when there is something posted. I never get notified unless someone sends me a message.

Rory Schultz

Thanks mate, I am hanging in there. I can not believe how big my stomach has gotten. Ever since my ruptured gallbladder was removed I gained 60 pounds and it is only at my stomach! All my lovely jackets I can not zip shut.....waaaaaa *sniff sniff *
My 15 year old daughter walked in on me and I had just underwear on...... she laughed at my gut and said I looked like a Mr Potato with stick arms and legs ready to explode!
I came back at her rubbing my huge belly....and said, "That's okay, smartass have your fun...but remember this, after midnight this all turns into one huge monster hard on!" She bolted out of the room! I yelled at her, next time knock on the door!

Rory Schultz

Now I know you Brits are going to have a huge laugh when I show what I discovered by accident on Fleabay. This guy in the UK is claiming he has a WW2 British Army Tanker's Waistcoat and is wanting over 3,000. US dollars You guys look it up!!!!

It is actually a woman's bolero jacket from the 1970's/1980's I saw a couple of these on Etsy last year. I contacted him and told him it was not a Jerkin but what is was......he replied " That is the way" Whack job answer....

Vintage 1940s WWII British Army Leather Tank Waistcoat Jacket | eBay

Kermit3D

Pilot is correct! Pimped out jacket.

Remember what I warned you guys about these turkeys in Germany. They are several of the same guys with numerous ID's
roomnine rbnrbal and all the same guys. There are 3 guys that work together swapping out, relisting items from one guy to make it look as though sold then resold under another alias.

Did you see this listing? The pimp job is so obvious having Hervor zipper with Made in France on the reverse.......Post war zipper.

WK2 Hartmann Fliegerjacke Luftwaffe flight jacket Lederjacke leather jacket WW2 | eBay

Then under his other alias he has another pimped out jacket which is obvious. The crossover waist button is added but the killer is the American snaps on the cuffs.

WK2 1940 Luftwaffe Fliegerjacke Hartmann Lederjacke Pilotenjacke grosse Grösse | eBay

You should look up his other items up for sale if you want to have a good laugh are the 1970 batteries for sale a ton of money. Tourist baseball hats with claims they are player used. Worn out Nike tennis shoes for a ton of money claiming they are rare.

But the biggest most outrageous one is the American Flag Nylon 50 star flag 5ft x 9.5ft claiming it is from a US Battleship from Iraq War 1995-2005 selling it for almost 4,500.00 US dollars. Talk about delusional... since they have not built Battle ships since WW2 and all are Museum ships.

Battleship flags were 20 ft on the hoist and 38 ft on the fly. The 50 star flag was not in use until 1960 when Hawaii became a state.
All U.S. Naval flags are made at the Charleston Navy Yard in South Carolina. I had told that fool that the Valley Forge Flag Co. does not make flags for U.S. NAVY and never has. They make flags for the civilian population and some government buildings. I informed him that you can buy souvenier flags that get raised and lowered that fly momentarily over the WH and on museum ships for the tourist trade. He refuses to hear the truth, and prefers to live in his dream la la.

It's crazy....
When I read this I realize that I still have so much to learn. Thank you for sharing this.

Micawber

Now I know you Brits are going to have a huge laugh when I show what I discovered by accident on Fleabay. This guy in the UK is claiming he has a WW2 British Army Tanker's Waistcoat and is wanting over 3,000. US dollars You guys look it up!!!!

It is actually a woman's bolero jacket from the 1970's/1980's I saw a couple of these on Etsy last year. I contacted him and told him it was not a Jerkin but what is was......he replied " That is the way" Whack job answer....

Vintage 1940s WWII British Army Leather Tank Waistcoat Jacket | eBay

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear.