• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Anj4

John Lever

The short zip version is the same design as the m455 a.
I have both versions, the full length zip is my preference because the buttons can be awkward to fasten on the short zip version.
Aero do both (beautifully)

Otter

Decisions, decisions. I always fancied an M455, order day is about 3 months out.
Ken, feel free to add your thoughts as well.

adfrost

I have a sample of the sheepskin, it is quite dark almost like German Shepherd colour. There is no way white balance would make it look ginger. Simmonds Bilt do offer a ginger fleece so they must have used it for test samples.
The pocket flaps look too deep compared to originals, but generally the proportions look off to my eye. Horses for courses I suppose.

Does your sample look anything like this? The main reason I would consider this jacket over an Aero is because of the ginger fleece option. I think it suits this style jacket more than the typical white fleece. They also offer black on the SB page for the ANJ-4. Honestly the only difference between the one you can buy direct from SB, and the Ironheart version appears to be the orange stitching.

247DB6C1-49C3-46B7-B249-FB57997C02D6.jpeg

John Lever

Does your sample look anything like this? The main reason I would consider this jacket over an Aero is because of the ginger fleece option. I think it suits this style jacket more than the typical white fleece. They also offer black on the SB page for the ANJ-4. Honestly the only difference between the one you can buy direct from SB, and the Ironheart version appears to be the orange stitching.

View attachment 30559
Agree I don't like white fleece

adfrost

You might be right about white balance

Yeah, not sure if that’s exactly the same shearling that was used on the demo jacket, but it definitely looks more “ginger” than off-white, so thats still a plus in my book.

Here’s another photo someone posted on the Ironheart forum. It looks lighter here, but he’s also looking directly into the sun, which is going to make everything appear brighter/lighter. Either way I’m confident its darker than standard white or off-white shearling. I also prefer the brown steerhide reinforcement over the more reddish horsehide shown on SBs site. I think the closest Aero equivalent would be their oil-pull horsehide.

I’ve also sent an email to SB to inquire about some additional photos of the shearling & the reinforcement leather options. In general, I wish these sites would include photos of all the available options so customers can properly compare before ordering.

jrsheairs

Love it! Could be my next purchase. Need some questions answered from SB about shearling and reinforcement colors first.