• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Anj4

John Lever

I like the double zip colours and drape of this one.
Screenshot_20200112-151522.jpg

busdrivermike

That is a sweet looking jacket, I keep thinking my next sheepskin
Jacket will be this style , seems very practical and toasty

adfrost

I've been spend a LOT of time looking very hard at that exact jacket. I love the overall color scheme with the ginger fur, brown steerhide, and orange stitching. The ginger fur looks much nicer to my eye than the typical white/off-white shearling used for the ANJ4. Its 18mm too so a good in-between compared to the 15mm on a typical ELC and 22mm on a typical Aero. I've honestly come really close to pulling the trigger on it.

John Lever

I've been spend a LOT of time looking very hard at that exact jacket. I love the overall color scheme with the ginger fur, brown steerhide, and orange stitching. The ginger fur looks much nicer to my eye than the typical white/off-white shearling used for the ANJ4. Its 18mm too so a good in-between compared to the 15mm on a typical ELC and 22mm on a typical Aero. I've honestly come really close to pulling the trigger on it.
You can't buy it. It is a sample made by Simmons Bilt for Ironheart, the production jacket is quite different, smaller collar different skins and colours.

Smithy

They're far too clean to be anything other than for posing, proper wellies are caked in mud and crap.

I also have never understood "designer" wellies (or gumboots as we call them back home). I buy them from the DIY/hardwear shop or an outdoor shop, a fifth of the price and do the same job - it's workwear not a bloody poser outfit! A lot of the cheap ones are more robust too I've found.

In terms of the jacket, that collar is jolly nice.

MikeyB-17

I have a pair of the neoprene jobs which I picked up cheap from Aldi. Very comfortable, and way better than walking boots for my Cornish wanderings.
Mr. Mickey Rourke lookalike there wants to do up his waist strap.

adfrost

This looks quite different I think.View attachment 30533

Studio lighting with a pro camera and a trained photographer vs poor indoor lighting, no white balance adjustment and using a smartphone will make a huge difference. You can make a Goodwear look like a “mall jacket” in those conditions. Hell, the pic you originally posted isn’t particularly representative either, as it’s pretty clearly had lighting and saturation adjusted/boosted.

As for the pockets...too deep compared to what? To my eye, the pockets look identical in all the photos posted. And let’s not forget what this jacket pattern this is originally based on...

John Lever

I have a sample of the sheepskin, it is quite dark almost like German Shepherd colour. There is no way white balance would make it look ginger. Simmonds Bilt do offer a ginger fleece so they must have used it for test samples.
The pocket flaps look too deep compared to originals, but generally the proportions look off to my eye. Horses for courses I suppose.
Just in passing I tried to contact SB to ask but they don't seem to answer e mails or the phone.
Good price for an Anj4 though.

Last edited:

Otter

John, while I have got you here, what are you feelings on the short and long zip versions ? Is one more practical than the other ?