• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie question re ``Warhorse,'' ``Liberty,'' ``Vicenza'' weights.

bn1966

More than happy with a nice lightweight Warhorse HH on my ELC Monarch, rarely gets very cold in the UK anymore down the South West end. Apart from my D-1 shearling, I have a heavy lining cowhide ELC ‘Luftwaffe’ for lower temperature. Often too warm for a Cape A-1.

Showerfan

More than happy with a nice lightweight Warhorse HH on my ELC Monarch, rarely gets very cold in the UK anymore down the South West end. Apart from my D-1 shearling, I have a heavy lining cowhide ELC ‘Luftwaffe’ for lower temperature. Often too warm for a Cape A-1.
Slightly off-topic, what made you choose the Monarch? Seems like a popular contract among “those who know.”

bn1966

My problem jacket wise has always been ‘swimmers shoulders’ and I have had to move on several lovely jackets that were perfect apart from too narrow through the shoulders (had a cracking G-1 I had to let go) I‘m a 46 chest but 48 in the shoulders in lots of patterns. After the strait jacket RW affair I browsed Charles’s HPA website which gave measurements for the ELC A-2’s & the Monarch as well as looking tasty had generous shoulders :)

bn1966

Going through a ‘thin’ leather phase at the moment with a 1 mm Five Star goatskin pending (G-1).

2BM2K

No visible difference.

Although the lightest jacket has leather which is paper thin in places. There is even a hole hidden behind one of the pockets. This has been patched with leather that matches the rest of the jacket and gives the impression that this was a manufacturing repair.

Last edited: