• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New VLJ down

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, Folks,

As you are all aware by now - the site was down from 4:00 PM until 5:00 AM today.

Apparently the host server had unplanned , unscheduled maintenance - wouldn't you just know it.

When I wnet to bed at 10:00 PM they were just doing the restore - so at 4:45 AM this morning I did a repair and optimize on our forum files and everything seems to be fine now.

Thanks for your patience.

Bill French

zoomer

And thanks for your stewardship, Bill.
Can't be the most dire of emergencies to get up at oh-s#!!-forty-five to restore a bulletin board where men jaw about pieces of dead horse.
But there you were. You like us - you really like us.

:mrgreen: Did I say - thanks?

navvet

Thanks for your attention to the situation, seeing it through until all was restored, Bill. You may sometimes not feel appreciated, but good job. Complaints seem easier to come by.

bfrench

Administrator
navvet said:
Thanks for your attention to the situation, seeing it through until all was restored, Bill. You may sometimes not feel appreciated, but good job. Complaints seem easier to come by.

Hi, Guys,

First of all, many thanks for the kudos but they're not really earned.

Chris, the owner, does all our updates and most importantly gives us a platform to voice our opinions on the vintage jacket world.

As far as getting up early to reset the database - I start work at 5:30 AM every day so doing it at 4:45 AM was just before going out the door to greet the critters on the front lawn and on some days a glorious sunrise.

Life does have its rewards and poking around here is one of them.

I thank you members for putting up with our not so reliable platform.

As for running for VP - by all means because then I can have my own aircraft carrier, personal FA-18 and main deck controllers all culled from the VLJ members - of course everybody then has to wear M-422a jackets.

We'd spend our time cruising the oceans and invading foreign lands to secure a proper supply of the grainiest leather for making jackets which only we would be issued.

Bill French

dujardin

hello all, and hello Bill;

many thanks to the team for the work you provide for us and our enjoyment on this forum.
i don't know if it's due to the problem of yesterday morning but my avatar is gone.
i will place it back as soon as i receive my PC back.
i'm under problem with it and Murielle's nephew try to fix it but it appear that he could be dead. i hope not because in that case, i've loose all my photos. i think i will buy a new one.
at this time i use my daughter's PC. so i will not post many message with photo at this time.
god damned, bloody PC and bloddy myself. why have i not realise a backup (a copy) ???

bye bye and thanks again

marcel

bfrench

Administrator
dujardin said:
hello all, and hello Bill;

many thanks to the team for the work you provide for us and our enjoyment on this forum.
i don't know if it's due to the problem of yesterday morning but my avatar is gone.
i will place it back as soon as i receive my PC back.
i'm under problem with it and Murielle's nephew try to fix it but it appear that he could be dead. i hope not because in that case, i've loose all my photos. i think i will buy a new one.
at this time i use my daughter's PC. so i will not post many message with photo at this time.
god damned, bloody PC and bloddy myself. why have i not realise a backup (a copy) ???

bye bye and thanks again

marcel

Hi, Marcel,

Your avatar should be on PhotoBucket.

PM me and I'll check it out for you.

Bill French