• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New US Authentic M-445

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Oh yeah ... they hog all the wardrobe space in there, so I bought them a free standing rack as well. They keep the drapes pulled, run the dehumidifier all the time, bowl of vinegar, bug spray with a timer ... they seem happy. ;)

airfrogusmc

bristolherc said:
Hey Allen, looks good, I knew you regretted selling your M-444 those years ago. I especially like the stencil on your new jacket.

I wonder how you'll like the buttoned closure in a few weeks time. I found it to be a pain after a while, buttons first and then the zip, or zip first, then the buttons. I chose the button closure on my RMNZ M-445 'cause I thought it looked cool, but the jacket was 1 1/2" too long for me and the button thing became a real PIA. Maybe the length was the issue, not the closure, but I sure found it fiddly. John Lever has it now.

Keep warm pal, Bevan.

Hey Bevan you're right its already a bit of a PITA especially with the new leather and the button holes but the one thing I do like is when they're unbuttoned and I'm driving the jacket doesn't ride up as much. You know I would have gotten an RMNZ or Few M 445 (love their jackets) they just didn't make one big enough :( . Having said that this is a very nice jacket and its killer warm and very well made.

airfrogusmc

deeb7 said:
Oh yeah ... they hog all the wardrobe space in there, so I bought them a free standing rack as well. They keep the drapes pulled, run the dehumidifier all the time, bowl of vinegar, bug spray with a timer ... they seem happy. ;)
I thought my wife was cool letting me keep a vintage 1950s coke machine in the KITCHEN to keep my long necks in. :lol: You got me beat bro.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
airfrogusmc said:
I thought my wife was cool letting me keep a vintage 1950s coke machine in the KITCHEN to keep my long necks in. :lol: You got me beat bro.

I like them ... see, you've got your foot in the door. ;)

The M445 looks magnificent, and I'm also waiting for the wearing pictures ... outside, collar up, plenty of snow.

airfrogusmc

deeb7 said:
airfrogusmc said:

I like them ... see, you've got your foot in the door. ;)

The M445 looks magnificent, and I'm also waiting for the wearing pictures ... outside, collar up, plenty of snow.

Thanks Deeb, I am very pleased with quality of the jM445 I also really like the pocker flap shape. Yeah, I'll get some photos soon though not much snow around here right now. I think they got killed farther south. I think were suppose to get 4 inches or so Tuesday?

John said he's shipping the 39 Werber on Monday and my A-1 is coming back with it (he had it for sizing) so I should have the Werber and the A-1 back by Wednesday. I'll try and get wearing photos of all then. Should have some snow too.

airfrogusmc

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Allen, looks like you nailed the length. My RMNZ M-445 was 1 to 1 1/2" too long, which made a PITA as we've discussed, undoing both buttons for sitting down just loaded up the end of the zip, and the length made it hard to reach into my pockets.

Bevan

airfrogusmc

bristolherc said:
Allen, looks like you nailed the length. My RMNZ M-445 was 1 to 1 1/2" too long, which made a PITA as we've discussed, undoing both buttons for sitting down just loaded up the end of the zip, and the length made it hard to reach into my pockets.

Bevan

Thanks Bevan, Yeah I talked at great length with Dover about not wanting it to long. My old M 444 was to long. If I unbutton the two bottom buttons it doesn't ride up when I drive. I've seen photos of them long and short. I prefer shorter than longer.

bfrench

Administrator
airfrogusmc said:
bfrench said:
Looks freaking fantastic - great call when you had it home made.

Bill French

Thanks Bill and all for less than a grand. Hows that Dubow breaking in ?

It's been worn just about every day since I got it 5 Nov.

I think it's about time for some pics.

Bil French

airfrogusmc

bfrench said:
airfrogusmc said:
bfrench said:

Bill French

Bil French

I agree. I'll bet its really look'n the part.

airfrogusmc

bfrench said:
airfrogusmc said:
bfrench said:

Bill French

Bil French

Still wait'n for some photos Bill. ;)

airfrogusmc

Guys, had it for 9 years and it is time to make room in the closet so it's gotta go. I am 6'2" 250 for the photos of me wearing the jacket for idea of fit. Here are some photos of how it looks today. Will sell for a great price. No holes or tears in the jacket at all. Non smoker home. The buttons were replaced with USMC WWII buttons and the slider is now a 50s crown. PM me if you are interested. Priced to sell. If I don't hear from anyone if a few days it is going to ebay. It is a REAL BEAUTY and will be missed. Especially on really cold days like we just had.
What it looks like now
168758973.jpg

168758974.jpg

168758975.jpg

168758976.jpg

168758977.jpg

168758978.jpg

168758979.jpg

168758980.jpg