• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New US Authentic M-445

airfrogusmc

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8234.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8237.jpg

IMG_8235.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

I really like it. It was a custom jacket. PERFECT fit. The zipper is of course not authentic to an original nor are the buckles but those things were not all that important to this time on this jacket. I really like the pattern. The sheepskin is as good as any I've seen on any repro and I've owned a few. I love it.

Jaydee

Really nice! If you don't mind me asking....How much did it end up costing you? And when did you have it made?

airfrogusmc

Thanks,

It was $875 (custom) and it took just a bit over 2 weeks.

I am very impressed with the quality and and just 2 weeks for delivery. I couldn't be happier.

Jaydee

Nice to know. It looks alot better than the Aero IMO. I don't like Aero's roundish pocket flaps. Although it is hard to tell for sure from their online photo. It is interesting how the shearling goes all the way along the front on yours.

airfrogusmc

Jaydee said:
Nice to know. It looks alot better than the Aero IMO. I don't like Aero's roundish pocket flaps. Although it is hard to tell for sure from their online photo. It is interesting how the shearling goes all the way along the front on yours.

Thanks JD its a real beauty and a 2 week wait is very cool.

bfrench

Administrator
airfrogusmc said:
I really like it. It was a custom jacket. PERFECT fit. The zipper is of course not authentic to an original nor are the buckles but those things were not all that important to this time on this jacket. I really like the pattern. The sheepskin is as good as any I've seen on any repro and I've owned a few. I love it.

Vvveeerryyyy nice - that should keep the cold northern wind away.

Cheers,
Bill French

airfrogusmc

bfrench said:
airfrogusmc said:

Vvveeerryyyy nice - that should keep the cold northern wind away.

Cheers,
Bill French

Thanks so much Bill. I sold all my sheepskins a couple years ago. I think the last one I had was a RMNZ duo tone B-3. Its been so freak'n cold here lately it arrive just in time. I really like the one piece back.

Geir

That's a nice jacket! I have a Willis and Geiger M-444 which I bought from John Lever. Did U.S. Authentic make this? It' a very nice jacket, but it's a 42 and one size too small, so The Wife uses it. I like the M-444 and if I want a new one U.S. Authentic seems to be the way to go. Does anyone have one of these jackets?

Falcon_52

Nice! That looks like just what the doctor ordered for this bitter cold Midwest winter. Don't worry about the zipper not being authentic - the big YKK paperclip zips last forever.

Noel

airfrogusmc

Geir said:
That's a nice jacket! I have a Willis and Geiger M-444 which I bought from John Lever. Did U.S. Authentic make this? It' a very nice jacket, but it's a 42 and one size too small, so The Wife uses it. I like the M-444 and if I want a new one U.S. Authentic seems to be the way to go. Does anyone have one of these jackets?

Thanks, I had one of those W&G M-444 from the mid 1990s and it was a great jacket. Yes they were made by US Authentic. I sold the M 444 several years ago and ALWAYS regretted it.

airfrogusmc

Falcon_52 said:
Nice! That looks like just what the doctor ordered for this bitter cold Midwest winter. Don't worry about the zipper not being authentic - the big YKK paperclip zips last forever.

Noel

Thanks Noel, I could have gotten a NOS Talon and sent it to USA to put on the jacket for some reason I just didn't want to do that on this jacket. I'm very pleased with the build quality, the sheepskin and the fit. USA did a very good job.

airfrogusmc

better duck said:
Beauty - and so quickly done too!

Thanks Peter,

Yeah that was FAST. I was on the fence about going USA and I original thought I have to order an ANJ4 because they don't list an M 445 on their site but I called and talk to Dover and when he said 2 weeks and he said he would custom make me an M 445 I said lets do it. I sent him some photos of an original zipper/button configuration from an original Monarch M 445 plus they (US Authentic) made the M 445 for W&G in the 1990s. I could have sent him an NOS Talon and salvaged side buckles and he would have put them on but I decided it wasn't all that important to me but that would have made it one very convincing repro IMO. The color is really nice very dark seal and the goatskin is VERY NICE too. The sheepskin is very good.

bfrench

Administrator
Hey, Allen,

How about some outside pics tomorrow before the big one starts - it's certainly going to be cold enough to warrant wearing sheepskin.

Did you just give Shaul the A-2 measurements or did you have to allow for the thickness of the pile?

Cheers,
Bill French

airfrogusmc

bfrench said:
Hey, Allen,

How about some outside pics tomorrow before the big one starts - it's certainly going to be cold enough to warrant wearing sheepskin.

Did you just give Shaul the A-2 measurements or did you have to allow for the thickness of the pile?

Cheers,
Bill French

We talked on the phone a couple times and I got measured and sent him those measurements told him my shirt size, my suit size, height & weight and he nailed the fit.

I'll try and get some photos in the next few days. JC has my A-1 but to get the fit nailed on my 39 Werber (I owe bseal some photos wearing that). Should have that VERY SOON.

Hey Allen, looks good, I knew you regretted selling your M-444 those years ago. I especially like the stencil on your new jacket.

I wonder how you'll like the buttoned closure in a few weeks time. I found it to be a pain after a while, buttons first and then the zip, or zip first, then the buttons. I chose the button closure on my RMNZ M-445 'cause I thought it looked cool, but the jacket was 1 1/2" too long for me and the button thing became a real PIA. Maybe the length was the issue, not the closure, but I sure found it fiddly. John Lever has it now.

Keep warm pal, Bevan.

John Lever

I still have it and it's the best shearling in my possession. I had the waist reduced to tighten it up. I like the buttons, but agree with Bevan that they can be fiddly.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
I still have it and it's the set shearling in my possession.

Okay John, I give up ... is that another of your birds, like the Cockney Sparrow? :?

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
I still have it and it's the set shearling in my possession.

Okay John, I give up ... is that another of your birds, like the Cockney Sparrow? :?

Nah, just a typo...
It's such a shame that the man who had the jacket made specified 10 mm fleece !!!
I think as a Heavy Shearling it should be 18 mm, I will have to ask Gary Eastman he will know.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
It's such a shame that the man who had the jacket made specified 10 mm fleece !!!

If it was any heavier the man who had the jacket made would never have been able to wear it.

My B-3 still sits on the mannequin in the jacket room, and has never been worn. The other jackets are starting to laugh at it ... imagine that John, you'd go stir crazy.