• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the forum

anthonyhie

Hello guys, this is Anthony from France start collecting cwu. I bought 2 cwu36/p one in L from valley apparel 2009 like new and an alpha industries 1986 in XL but very small scratch/stains.
I’m 6’1" 205lbs the L is too short for me :( the XL from Alpha is perfect fit.
I wondering if a more recent Alpha Industries 1996 xl will fit the same as my 1986...???

Thnx for ur comments

anthonyhie

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Hello guys, this is Anthony from France start collecting cwu. I bought 2 cwu36/p one in L from valley apparel 2009 like new and an alpha industries 1986 in XL but very small scratch/stains.
I’m 6’1" 205lbs the L is too short for me :( the XL from Alpha is perfect fit.
I wondering if a more recent Alpha Industries 1996 xl will fit the same as my 1986...???

Thnx for ur comments
Welcome to the forum Anthony.
CWU is probably the most practical and versatile of the flight jackets IMO. They should fit the same either 86, 96 or 06, their size is very standard in my experience. I have a couple from different years in green and tan, medium (38-40) is my size on every CWU-36 / CWU-45.
So if XL fits you well, that will be your size on any CWU. (Just be careful with the condition of the jacket, if it’s too old or was worn by a person with many extra pounds it might be a bit loose and it won’t fit you as your other XL)

This from 1980.
64D14F63-0BA5-4A28-A2CD-067DF777E07C.jpeg

Last edited:

anthonyhie

Welcome to the forum Anthony.
CWU is probably the most practical and versatile of the flight jackets IMO. They should fit the same either 86, 96 or 06, their size is very standard in my experience. I have a couple from different years in green and tan, medium (38-40) is my size on every CWU-36 / CWU-45.
So if XL fits you well, that will be your size on any CWU. (Just be careful with the condition of the jacket, if it’s too old or was worn by a person with many extra pounds it might be a bit loose and it won’t fit you as your other XL)

This from 1980.
View attachment 24876
Thanks for your complete answer Jorgeenrique !