• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New/repro g-1 with honey collar?

JonnyCrow

Hey Johnny
The label tells me it’s a civilian G-1 as opposed to a USN G-1 jacket . It looks to be in good shape from what I can see in the two photos .If the price is reasonable, it’s a good knock around G-1 jacket. Of course if you’re looking for a USN issued G -1 jacket then you might want to pass this one by. I always have to keep telling myself that about 98% of the US population can’t tell an issued G-1 from a commercially produced repro of a G-1 . So if funds are limited the commercially made jacket is fine. Just my opinion :)
Burt, you do occasionally see jackets from the old Torrejon USAAF base, patches yes, I bought some a year ago from a young guy who's dad served there, Spanish mother, and he stayed in Spain after the base was decommissioned

B-Man2

Burt, you do occasionally see jackets from the old Torrejon USAAF base, patches yes, I bought some a year ago from a young guy who's dad served there, Spanish mother, and he stayed in Spain after the base was decommissioned
JC
I’m not familiar with that base and patch. I looked it up and there are about 4 fighter wings or more at that base, each with its own unique patch. Sorry ..

JonnyCrow

JC
I’m not familiar with that base and patch. I looked it up and there are about 4 fighter wings or more at that base, each with its own unique patch. Sorry ..
There was, it was handed back to Spain in the nineties after the USAAF had been there nearly 40 years, in the South of Spain still is US Navy base Rota