• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new pilot watch

A

Anonymous

Just got a new watch, Laco Pilot watch. Its a copy of the WW2 model, made in Germany, Swiss Quartz but you can get an ETA movement for more money. It looks great with a flight jacket and easy to read while flying as it has a large easy to read dial. Check it out here. Only took two days to get it via UPS.http://www.timequestwatches.com/id6.html

hacker

wing nut said:
Just got a new watch, Laco Pilot watch. Its a copy of the WW2 model, made in Germany, Swiss Quartz but you can get an ETA movement for more money. It looks great with a flight jacket and easy to read while flying as it has a large easy to read dial. Check it out here. Only took two days to get it via UPS.http://www.timequestwatches.com/id6.html

Hows that go W.N.....big watch, little d... :oops:

BTW, nice watch! :cool:

Hacker

siddhartha

Administrator
I like it a lot!

I would be tempted to get the automatic version, if I didn't just drop some $ on an Omega Flightmaster (which needs restoration at Omega Bienne)

Chris

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. I dont even need another watch but its got a little history even if its a copy. The quartz model I got keeps good time and looks like the real thing. Its my everyday beater now. Laco makes several models with swiss movements ; ETA 2892-A2, Unitas 6497, and even Valjoux 7750 to name a few.

Weasel_Loader

I just got a watch this weekend as an early birthday gift from my wife. Completely surprised me. Looks pretty close to the Laco and I love it!!! It's got that classic look to it.

WengerWatch.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice Swiss watch Danny. Looks good with the classic leather aviation strap.

siddhartha

Administrator
Happy Hooligan said:
Their faces look like their made by Fortis...

I never understood why they put glass on the back of watches?

They do that because some people like to look at the watch's innards.

Watch geeks, such as myself
:lol:

Chris

A

Anonymous

Chris, Can you post pics of that Omega you were having fixed?

rich

wing nut said:

I got one of these beauts recently - I was surprised at how big it seemed at first, but now everything else just seems small. It's a great watch at a good price. I didn't go for the automatic because when I've had these in the past, at least with TAG and Oris, an annual service was around 20% of the cost of the watch - for all I know, they just took the back off and blew!

I put a standard NATO strap on mine and I reckon it's the badgers nadgers.

A

Anonymous

Cool, thats a great Omega, Chris. I am sure it will run, look great, "after". You said you were sending it to Omega to be serviced? Break...Yes Rich I like my Laco too. The Automatics should last a lifetime they say...as long as they get service every 5-10 years. Lube, regulate, replace worn parts, O rings, all costs that add up but its nice to have a good auto. I have never had a Swiss quartz, so we will see how long they last. Longer than the cheap ones from Jappan/far east I hope!

Members online

Latest posts