• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dac-1979

Hi all
New member here, I have owned my original ww2 early flight jacket.
When I first got it it was very dry and in a bad way, I went about cleaning it and sorting out some of the stitching and then putting a new coating on the jacket to stop it drying out.
The main zipp needs replacing but I am struggling to find a lightning zip.
I would like to try and use a original if possible, is there anywhere that you can get these from ?
Thanks Damien
FB_IMG_1581787550500.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1581787519860.jpg
    FB_IMG_1581787519860.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 158
  • FB_IMG_1581787525420.jpg
    FB_IMG_1581787525420.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 141
  • FB_IMG_1581787519860.jpg
    FB_IMG_1581787519860.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 150

B-Man2

Hi all
New member here, I have owned my original ww2 early flight jacket.
When I first got it it was very dry and in a bad way, I went about cleaning it and sorting out some of the stitching and then putting a new coating on the jacket to stop it drying out.
The main zipp needs replacing but I am struggling to find a lightning zip.

I would like to try and use a original if possible, is there anywhere that you can get these from ?
Thanks Damien View attachment 31948
Damien
Nice jacket!
There’s a member here who goes by the name of Roughwear . He is in the UK, his real name is Andrew Swatland and he repairs Irvin jackets and has original parts for them. You might try to message him . He also has a Face book page however I don’t know how to access it. There is also another gentleman John Lever here who’s an avid collector of sheepskin jackets who might be able to point you in the right direction.
Good Luck with your search.
Cheers

blackrat2

Hi and welcome
Not sure if you’ve had any luck contacting Andrew yet, might be possible Aeroleather in Scotland (Ken) might be able to hrlp

Dac-1979

Hi and welcome
Not sure if you’ve had any luck contacting Andrew yet, might be possible Aeroleather in Scotland (Ken) might be able to hrlp
I have tried them unfortunately, they haven't got any and said that they are becoming harder to find.
Not had any luck with Andrew yet, I have sent him a message but with it being the wknd will wait to see if I get a reply in the week.
And thank you for the welcome.

Members online

Latest posts