• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New M422a from Aero Leather.....

Shropshire-lad

Having been given the green light by swmbo - I have just put in an order for an Aero M422a..... was going to go for Eastman but Aero give you an option for collar colour (I chose ‘rust’) their main body colour is darker ( to me preferable) and ...above all.... £300 cheaper! Lead time was similar.... the only downer is I’d rather them measure me than myself! That’s the only problem with online ordering.... that and monitor colour but what can a bloke do?
Anyone out there had issues with Aero? Just praying not to be the first!
Cheers for now
Jim

Nickb123

Remember they run 1-2 sizes small. I haven’t owned an Aero model but from what I’ve seen this runs pretty true. If your chest is a true 44 you’ll probably want to upsize. I’m about a 42 chest and I’d take either a 44 or 46.

bseal

How much did you pay?

The Church M422a consistently fits larger than the number listed on its nomenclature tag. This item will hold its value, and is sold by a valued forum member.

Micawber

Congrats Jim,
Aero are a very reputable company who have been around a long time. First rate service and they will always go the extra mile to make things right.
Trouble is with this place is many will subsequently chip in with alternative ideas, better, cheaper dearls [in their eyes]. You've made your choice and it is a good one.Congratulations.

Shropshire-lad

Congrats Jim,
Aero are a very reputable company who have been around a long time. First rate service and they will always go the extra mile to make things right.
Trouble is with this place is many will subsequently chip in with alternative ideas, better, cheaper dearls [in their eyes]. You've made your choice and it is a good one.Congratulations.
Thank-you Steve!! I’ve paid a deposit and sent measurements so kind of ‘committed’ and as a gent I won’t cancel - that wouldn’t be fair to Aero. I did loads of research that I could do prior.... and cruised Ebay until my eye’s ached, but having bought a cheap Avirex in December that STANK and refused all efforts to be cleaned (dry clean twice, vinegar/water spray, febreze, fresh air...... then washing machine at 30, 40, then killed it at 60.... salvaged the buttons and zip - binned the rest. A week in the bin it STILL stank. In landfill now! One has to be careful with Ebay!!
cheers
Jim

Shropshire-lad

How much did you pay?

The Church M422a consistently fits larger than the number listed on its nomenclature tag. This item will hold its value, and is sold by a valued forum member.

I paid £670, which is higher than some good ones but still close including import and postage from the US of A! Plus - new it won’t have any odd ‘arromas’ like I have encountered recently!
Cheers
Jim

bseal

I received a custom made goatskin jacket from Aero with the interior pocket sewn shut and right through the leather. Aero told me to find a local tailor to fix it. No tailor wanted to touch it. At that time, Amanda told me via email that there was no Quality control protocol in place at that time to check the jacket before it was shipped out.

Let’s not overlook that the new member asked if there were issues.

Micawber

One incident in how many? Why piss on his parade? I bought a book that had a few uncut pages once, perhape I should slate printer? Maybe so but life reeally is is just too short.

If his jacket tunrns out to be unacceptable then he can send it back - easy peasy.

Pilot

I paid £670, which is higher than some good ones but still close including import and postage from the US of A! Plus - new it won’t have any odd ‘arromas’ like I have encountered recently!
Cheers
Jim
Sorry but what odd aromas and from where and about what? sorry for asking.

Ken at Aero Leather

I received a custom made goatskin jacket from Aero with the interior pocket sewn shut and right through the leather. Aero told me to find a local tailor to fix it. No tailor wanted to touch it. At that time, Amanda told me via email that there was no Quality control protocol in place at that time to check the jacket before it was shipped out.

Let’s not overlook that the new member asked if there were issues.
You've got a long memory, (10 years at least)
You'll also recall, no doubt, that Amanda and Will were found to be robbing Aero blind back then, no time for QC while they were filling their pockets

bseal

Micawber,

Agree, let’s not piss on his parade.

“Anyone out there had issues with Aero? Just praying not to be the first!”

I believe he asked this in good faith, don’t you?
As Ken stated, he was supplied with a factually correct answer. The proprietor gracefully owned it.

Others shouldn’t feel shamed to answer his question.

Shropshire-lad

You've got a long memory, (10 years at least)
You'll also recall, no doubt, that Amanda and Will were found to be robbing Aero blind back then, no time for QC while they were filling their pockets
Thank-you for that Ken..... that has made me feel a lot better, to be honest! This will be my first jacket from Aero having been buying from Eastman before, and had the advantage to see both makers work being worn at Duxford shows....I couldn’t see the difference. Both high end quality. Unfortunately Eastmans price is now out of my range. I have the odd item from aero.... bomb tag and a pair of blood chits ready to fit as pockets - and was impressed with the help I recieved.
cheers
Jim