• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New leathers... Badalassi Cowhide brought to you by BK

Jeff M

Dr H said:

Looks all c*ck and bull to me... ;)

I think it's looking that way to lots of folks.

BTW, asked this earlier, may have missed the follow up.
Have you received your BK A1 yet?

A

Anonymous

I don't like JD, just mentioned it because there used to be a TV commercial with the JD guys throwing corks on a barrel to kill time because there was nothing else to do while waiting. With JD the wait is only 7 years I hear.

Dr H

Jeff M said:
BTW, asked this earlier, may have missed the follow up.
Have you received your BK A1 yet?

Hi Jeff, not yet - I'm a cussed customer about detailing (no, really?!) so the collar pattern is being revised for me at the moment.
I'll post as soon as I have it.

Jeff M

PLATON said:
I don't like JD, just mentioned it because there used to be a TV commercial with the JD guys throwing corks on a barrel to kill time because there was nothing else to do while waiting. With JD the wait is only 7 years I hear.

Exactly. Marketing.
Seems to especially be the case in Europe. All my relatives there want JD T-shirts. Seems a bottle of JD is held in higher esteem than a decent single malt. Mind boggling to me.
JD is to a good scotch/whisky/rye/bourbon like McDonald's is to a good hamburger.
(Sorry again JD fans.)

A

Anonymous

Carlo made his miracle.
The Badalassi leathers have arrived!

A

Anonymous

2 colors, seal and dark seal
to take photos I gotta go to BK's
I will try to go next Saturday but not sure.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
2 colors, seal and dark seal
to take photos I gotta go to BK's
I will try to go next Saturday but not sure.

OK. So it appears that you can't get the blue(s) unless you do a minimum order. Is there any way to get a sample from them?

A

Anonymous

OK. So it appears that you can't get the blue(s) unless you do a minimum order. Is there any way to get a sample from them?

No, you can't get the blue because they closed for August. All tanneries close in August. Nobody can't get anything until they will re-open in September. In September we will get the blue.

A

Anonymous

BK said anyone who will order Badalassi within today or tomorrow, will get his jacket within August.
(except Star, Poughkeepsie and Aeronaut button version which deliver in September)

Mark-D

PLATON said:
BK said anyone who will order Badalassi within today or tomorrow, will get his jacket within August.
(except Star, Poughkeepsie and Aeronaut button version which deliver in September)

I hope I will get my goatskin Aeronaut button version in August, as promised!

Best regards,
Jef

A

Anonymous

P8030720.jpg

P8030727.jpg

P8030723.jpg

A

Anonymous

FYI we got some of Badalassi's cognac color, which is the same as used in the boots shown below

500x1000px-LL-fb329baf_20121020_85571.jpeg

but I gotta tell you, Badalassi has a ton of more beautiful colors than that, and am in the pleasant position to annouce, that many of those colors will be made available by BK from September onwards.

bretron

Platon, forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere, but what is the price difference between getting a jacket in Victory HH vs Badalassi?

A

Anonymous

If you are talking A-2 the price difference is eur 40. Badalassi is eur 40 cheaper.
For the other styles I don't know yet, gotta ask BK.