• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New knits for my ELC A-2

tjoenn

My A-2 which I bought in 2014 was in desparate need of new knits as they were disintegrating. Not trusting anyone here to do the job, I brought the jacket with me to Florida and Burt recommended a couple of guys for the job. I contacted Steve Sellers and thankfully he was able to get it done and and made sure I got the jacket back before I had to leave. Needless to say I'm extremely happy with the result. I decided to change the liner as well and Steve also attached some loose ends of the tiger patch. The new knits feel much better than the original ones, much sturdier and they don't funnel like the old ones did. It was very nice to get updates from Steve with pictures of the process, I had no idea how involved the process was. Very nice to receive the jacket back with added details such as leather strap on zipper and Steve even made the stamp in the liner, freehand - don't know how, looks like a stamp to me. Again, very thankful for this forum and the people here, for recommendations and extremely skillful people that can pull this kind of work off. i wish I could have been there in person and watch the whole thing. Jacket is now good for another 20 years I'm sure.

9.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg