• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Jackets for Me: Good Wear Tanker, RMNZ Dubow A-2 and Headwind A-1

CBI

Hello Gents:

My first bathroom/mirror pictures! Getting good pics seems to be impossible these days. Can't get my family to do it and the timer/camera/tripod option never seems to work out well. No real wearing pics until summer temps drop.

Received this new Good Wear Tanker the other day from John. Spectacular all the way around. Typical JC hyper-terrific quality work. Although the sleeves look a hair long in this photo, they ride up about an inch when I wear a fleece shirt under it which is my standard winter wear so the length is prefect for me. (Same deal with the A-1). I will try to get more details GW pics later. The Real McCoys Dubow A-2 I picked-up second hand a while back, just getting to post it. I really love this jacket, great fit. Its somehow has a trim-ish look but its not restrictive at all. The sleeves work with a regular dress shirt. The only A-2 I have owned that looks better with the collar snapped down. Love the curving collar on this one but typically don't on Dubows. The Headwind A-1 is another second hand grab from months back. Virtually un-worn. These are terrific, quality jackets. The cape is VERY similar to ELC's as is all of the work on this one. I am really impressed with this one (which is an older model). It needs lots of wear/break in which I am not sure I can give it but again, impressive. Slumming a bit I know...........with the civi-Avirex monster sleeve jacket BUT , great patina and fun to wear and a great buy.

Sorry for the crappy pics, almost not worth posting but........................

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 322

CBI

Thanks Steve, as I mentioned, with a quarter zip fleece which I ALWAYS wear with jackets in the winter, the sleeves ride up about an inch. For example, with the Dubow A-2 pictured, with a fleece under it, the sleeves are bit short. There seems to be no one length that is ideal for me so I go with longer. I don't like the really short WW2 ride up where the knit end is taught and above the wrist bone. Just my personal preference. Been choosing sizes that work best for what I wear under the jacket the most. I suppose some jackets in a collection could be worn with certain shirts and not others, different cuts, styles for different outfits but I find when that is the case (for me) it limits the wear time of a jacket even more. Anyway, to each is own, we have all been down that fit discussion road before.

CBI

John makes a load of jackets not really "listed" and he has been working on a number of cloth styles for years. This is an order from a LONG time ago.

Dubpynchon

Very nice, especially the tanker jacket. The Goodwear version of this must be the ultimate tanker jacket repro. I’ve been tempted by the Buzz Rickson version a few times.

CBI

Not sure how he does it but John gets that WW2 vibe like no one else IMO. Yes, easily the best Tanker I have owned and I have owned most all of the repro makers. I had a Tanker of John's from a few years ago that was different but also stellar. The Tanker is my favorite WW2 jacket of them all........comfortable, functional, makes a great flight jacket.

Last edited: