• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New jacket purchase

jonnyboy

Hi guys,

As well as making jackets, I recently bought one! Not vintage, and not military. I finally succumbed and bought an 'Indy' jacket. As much as I love the films, I bought the jacket from a practical point of view. I love wearing my 1950s Cagleco G-1, but sometimes the waistband makes it not too practical, so I wanted to get something without knitted cuffs and waistband.

I had a little money put to one side from my Birthday, so I took the plunge and ordered one from Wested. I'm really happy with the jacket - it fits well and is exactly what I was looking for (a fairly lightweight jacket that can just be thrown on before heading out the door).

It's definitely vintage 'inspired', owing a lot to the A-2, and the fit feels quite vintage. I changed the zip when it arrived for a Talon, as the YKK was a bit cheap looking. Overall, I think it's a nice, inexpensive everyday jacket. It's already showing a bit more character after being worn.

Cheers,

Jon

Front-6_zps91b52c59.jpg

Back-2_zpsd610ecf5.jpg

Frontleft-1_zpsfb70bd71.jpg

Frontright-1_zpscbadb816.jpg

Sleeve-1_zpsdae195c4.jpg

jonnyboy

Hi Ian,

No, it's what Wested call 'copper novapelle' and is cowhide. It does look a bit like cape. It'll be interesting how it ages, and if any more patina develops.

Cheers,

Jon

CBI

this is really nice. Are they true to size? which version did you buy: the Last Crusade or Skull version. Pre-Distressed......

Looks great and especially for the price.

jonnyboy

It's a standard size 42, and seems true to size.

I ordered the 'ROLA' in copper novapelle. The only modification I asked for was that the pockets not be side-entry, so more A-2-like and just open at the top.

Cheers,

Jon

ButteMT61

That was a JOKE!
I tried a few Indy's which got me hooked on jackets, but none looked that good. Nicely done - and a little lighter than your Irvin's :)
Congrats. Post pics when you get to abuse it some.