• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Improved Aero Site

John Lever

The Real Deal RAF has gone...and the Sheep Skin Luftwaffe has been relegated to available from Germany only. It was listed at £600 this morning.
Look like they are ironing out bugs.

HHjackets

John Lever said:
Will said he might attribute the Radjacke design to me, but he has obviously forgotten.

spelling mistakes and credit aside:
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/prod ... php?id=195
Double brested button up jacket from the 1930's popular in Europe. With four button pockets and crossover front with button fastening. Baised on a Jacket from Spain made in Horsehide in the early 30's.

isn't it a "1930's German bike jacket" ?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2614&hilit=radjacke

John Lever

Will asked me to write a short description of the jacket and why I had it made and gave it the name Radjacke -
Rad, German for wheel also part of the word for motorbike [krad], and jacke obviously German for jacket but also the English nickname Jack for John. So John's radical jacket.

Will had always thought that the original looked like a Spanish Condor legion type jacket, he's the expert so I did not disagree with him.
It's still cool that they make it.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
... but also the English nickname Jack for John. So John's radical jacket.

So not exactly recognition on the site, but it is still kinda named after you.

That's way better than a sandwich. :cool:

John Lever

I'm not complaining, they made two for the price of one anyway.
I have suggested a Cape skin version with a single slanted chest pocket. They also have Kudu skin which would look good.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
I have suggested a Cape skin version with a single slanted chest pocket. They also have Kudu skin which would look good.

Dunno John, that might be a little too exotic ... driving a black Audi TT, and wearing a Kudo skin Radjacke, you'd be the talk of the village. :cool:

John Lever

IMGP3820.jpg

Too flash ?