• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy with photos of some squadron patches I painted years back.

Tattoo A2

Hi, I am new to this group and thank you for having me. I have found a lot of interesting articles and photos on here. I grew up in Queens NY and started collecting militaria back in the 70s. An older guy across the street from me was a big WW2 collector and new I loved the stuff, so he was constantly giving me patches and phony German stuff he would get in a lot of items he bought. I also have been drawing and painting since I could pick up a pencil and at the present time have been a tattoo artist for the last 32 years. I relocated to the Catskill Mtns 13 years ago.
DSCF9835.JPG
DSCF9836.JPG
DSCF9837.JPG
Anyway here are a few patches left that I had painted about 10 years back, I sold a bunch on ebay, would paint them when tattooing got slow in the winter. They are all on leather and painted with acrylic paints, I think I would like to try oils sometime soon, just wanted to share, and let me know what you think.

B-Man2

Hi Tattoo !
Welcome to VLJ … Your work is damn nice and I think you’ll have a few of us wanting to see more of your patches . We have several people here who, like yourself, have some great artistic skills …………BUT ……….I am not one of them :( . Anyway glad to have you on board .
Cheers

Tattoo A2

Hi Tattoo !
Welcome to VLJ … Your work is damn nice and I think you’ll have a few of us wanting to see more of your patches . We have several people here who, like yourself, have some great artistic skills …………BUT ……….I am not one of them :( . Anyway glad to have you on board .
Cheers
Thanks, we all have our own special talents, Im lucky enough to make a living out of it, couldnt catch a baseball so I had to use what I had. I also have a collection of A2 jackets, I will have to figure out what forum to post the photos on.