• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Goatskin @ Headwind Mfg Co

Skyhawk

Hey guys, we sourced some new fantastic Goatskin from our new supplier. I had a 37J1 made up using it and just received the jacket. The new Goat is thick, in the range of 3.5 oz. It is buttery soft and has some impressive grain. In other words I am very impressed and pleased with this new hide.
Goat-front.jpg

Goat-Liner.jpg

P1040030.JPG

P1040031.JPG

P1040032.JPG

P1040033.JPG

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

Thanks! It's 3 to 3.5 oz chrome tanned Seal Goatskin. It is a virtual match to some of the Early USN G-1 jackets I have had. I got some impressive samples of some Cow hide and Horse Hide from the same tannery. The Cow is super grainy dark brown, almost a russet in 3.5oz. The Horse comes in Russet and Seal. The Russet is not as grainy but thicker at 4 oz and very soft and pliable. The Seal is 3.5oz but not as soft as the Russet.

So new jacket models to follow very soon!

-Jay

Skyhawk

Hey guys thanks for all the support!

Yes we do have at least one A-2 contract in the works. It will be a while because I am having labels done and getting parts together, so no news on an ETA yet.

It's not a Bronco but should be a great jacket with precise details. Announcement to follow....