• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Forum

bfrench

Administrator
Vcruiser said:
Soon a new beginning...! :geek:
Van

Yes, it would appear so.
BTW - how about you, Allen and Chris try to get into to the forum when you have logged off - just like a guest - want to make sure all the doors are closed.

Bill French

Vcruiser

Bill
Did it...and I couldn't do anything....but I've never been signed on as a guest.
Never new that a guest could participate..or even read the forum.
Van

airfrogusmc

Van I don't think guests can. I think thats what Bill was wanting us to check. To make sure that we didn't get in unless we were logged on.

bfrench

Administrator
airfrogusmc said:
Van I don't think guests can. I think thats what Bill was wanting us to check. To make sure that we didn't get in unless we were logged on.

Hi, Guys,

That's right - only way to read what's on the forum, search anything or see the member list is to be a registered approved member.

That way anybody wanting info has to sign on or any of the so called Russian email list harvesters can't see a thing.

Keeps away the undesirables. And if they do sneak through, I have their email ISP address and can make formal complaints.

Thanks,

Bill French

Stony

Checking in!

<S>

By the way, how many forums have we gone through now? I think I have been a member of four, but I'm not sure.

A

Anonymous

Wing Nut CHECKIN IN! WoooooHOOOOOOO! Faster fourm, yeah!

A

Anonymous

Thanks buddy, please dont try and hack this site again will ya?

Stony

Stony wrote:
Checking in!

<S>

By the way, how many forums have we gone through now? I think I have been a member of four, but I'm not sure.

Stoney this is V!

Wow, does that include the old Yahoo forums.

siddhartha

Administrator
I stopped keeping track, as it was a bit embarassing :oops:

As much as I'd like to think I am computer-savy, that pertains only to Macs, and not in server management.

That said, our server expert isn't sure of the issue at the old host, and any of the experts I queried about the problems we were having all mentioned database corruption, and a server not really designed to host a phpBB-based forum.

So, as painful as it might be, I thought why not bite the bullet now, cut down on the frustration that was mounting, and move the whole thing, fresh start, to a sensible server/URL that would be our permanent home.

...and Bill prodded me along, getting us to work on it sooner than later, and stop hoping one of my hired-hands could fix it. Besides, they couldn't up to now, and the host was less than helpful.

The most helpful people through all of this have been our volunteer mods, who get paid exactly what I do to run this thing :)

Chris

Hawkeye

It sucks to have to switch over once again but if it has to be done it has to be done. I look forward to contributing to the new forum.

T-Bolt

I hit 716 posts on the last forum.......now I am back to 2......oh well, things seem to be working well here. :ugeek:

Ted