• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Flight Jacket Repair Source - Talon / Conmar Zips, Wool knits, Cotton & Rayon Liners, and more

Skyhawk

Howdy, I will be listing flight jacket repair materials on the Headwind Mfg website. It will be a slow build up of supplies but if you need anything in the meantime, just PM me:
Some examples:
Talon M-42
M-42 Talon.png

M42-Talon-Puller.png

Hookless Rivet
Hookless-Zip.png

Hookless-Pullers.png

Talon M-39
M-39-Zip.png

M-39-Puller.png

Throat-Latch.png

Conmar M-38
IMG_20220721_083349169-PhotoRoom.png

Attachments

• M-42 Talon-1.png
    M-42 Talon-1.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Skyhawk

I also have the late 1940's / early 1950''s G-1 Conmar Zips with NOS blackened pullers. All zips have cotton tapes, and the proper "C" type stops. Zippers can be sized to your specifications or I can send along the C stops so you can size them yourself. They are very long so sizing is pretty much unlimited as far as jackets go.

Knits - 100% Wool:
Mid Brown
IMG_20221129_112946128-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20221129_113142627-PhotoRoom.png

Seal Brown:
IMG_20221129_113500217_HDR-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20221129_113533626 (1)-PhotoRoom.png

Antique Seal Rib Rack Bi-weave:
IMG_20221129_114134407-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20221129_114206020-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20221129_114150115_HDR-PhotoRoom.png

Skyhawk

are your hookless-talon rivet zippers #5 or #7? price? price for mid brown knits? are these items available or are they going to be available soon?
They are available. I am getting them on the site this week. I have just about nailed down the prices. They will be comparable to MASH for the USA customers. For international, there will have to be a shipping charge. USA shipping is free.

All of these zips are #5 as they should be.

Skyhawk

Update:
Knits will cost:
$35 for standard set
$45 for USN Bi-Weave Rib Racks

With Free shipping in the USA, this beats MASH's prices with the same or better quality.
The knits are made in the USA and I get them direct from the mill.

I currently have Olive green in stock as well, and I will have Brick Red and Dull Purple USN knits in the future.

Zip info to follow...

Skyhawk

Zippers are high quality reproductions from Talon USA. The Conmars are a mix of NOS parts and reproduction parts, also high quality and made in the USA. I have some available on hand in all the previously mentioned types. Supplies will be limited until the next re supply shipment. There are no wholesale or bulk sale discounts on these specialty Zippers for me, so the prices will reflect that fact. Some of these zippers are unattainable from other sources because they are custom built by me. The others should be comparable in price to the other sources. However, the unlimited sizing options are only available through Headwind.

These prices include free shipping in the USA / International shipping is calculated by location. No handling fees. No sales tax.
Customs and duties are not included for International orders.
Talon M42 - $45
Talon M39 - $45
Talon Hookless - $60
Conmar M38 - $60
Conmar Blackened Bell with silver teeth (Late 40's early 50's G-1) $55

Last edited:

Flightengineer

My friend has just brought the knittings bought at my request from Jay. It was a long way to me via some airports and airlines cause we are no direct flights to US now, but it's good to have friends who still fly :)
I like the quality, everything is fine, highly recommended.
Now I have stock for future repair.
Thanks, Jay.

Skyhawk

Hey sure thing! I am so glad that they made it to you. Very tricky given the current circumstances in the world. Looking forward to the day when all this bad business is behind us, and we can return more to a more normal way of life for everyone over there.

Skyhawk

We have more colors of knits now available. I listed them on ebay and they will be on the website soon as well. It is cheaper on the website. We don't charge sales tax and shipping is free in the USA on there.

New Red Brick:
IMG_20221229_143235592-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png

New Olive:
IMG_20221229_142638185-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20221229_142856546-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png

Sage Green (CWU / N2B / N3B & Later Ma-1)
IMG_20221229_143525952-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20221229_143625614-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png

"Dull Purple" USN Rib Racks
IMG_20221223_135210079_HDR-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20221223_135313797_HDR-PhotoRoom.png-PhotoRoom.png

warguy

I wanted to post and commend Skyhawk and Headwind for offering this inventory. I was in dire need of a Talon zipper for a replacement on an original B3 jacket recently purchased. Skyhawk was very helpful and patient with me on several messages sent back and forth to insure I received the right product in the correct length, etc. I am most grateful! Check out his site, lots of great stuff offered there. Kevin

Skyhawk

Hey guys, I have updated the site and payment links for the knits. There is going to be shipping charges but they are discounted to keep the prices reasonable. They are all set for purchase with the shipping options available for USA and international orders at checkout.