• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ELC Werber Contract B-3

adfrost

The .50 Cal is still around, but I decided to pull the trigger on a new Eastman Werber B-3 so I can enjoy it for a couple months. This one is a size 44 and fits MUCH better than the size 48 .50 Cal. I'd call the fit "trim"...a bit snug in the belly, but it's comfortable enough and I'm working on the belly anyway. A size 46 might be a tad more comfortable, but I'm happy with what I got. I know a lot of people are fans of the Roughwear & Perry contracts, but I'm a big fan of the very traditional-looking Seal/Russet Werber color scheme. I'm not sure if the shearling is considered "broken grain", but it's a bit softer/less "dry" than the shearling on the .50 Cal, and still has quite a bit of character. Comparing the two construction-wise, this has a 3-piece back vs 2-piece, and it has side panels vs a "v" seam. The cut seems a bit different on the bottom; the Werber has some "conturing" and the .50 is flat. I much prefer the talon zipper vs the crown zipper. I fashioned a leather pull with some leather samples I had lying around, but it would've been nice if Eastman included one standard like Aero does.

Front Fit Open
by Aaron Frost, on Flickr

Front Fit Closed

Side Fit

Back Fit

Sleeve Closeup

Side Belts

Lonewolf051

beautiful B-3! for a zipper pull, Id recommend some ruby red or yellow dice on a ball chain. I have a pair on my B-15

Attachments

• 20200207_204443.jpg
    20200207_204443.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 230

Serghei87

I thought all the B-3 models had same measurements. Is the Werber the one that is more slim fit cut?

Serghei87

Do they age the fur as well on the 50 cal?? Why?? The fur is supposed to be nice and soft not dry...i like the 50 cal but i do not want a dry fur for sure

adfrost

BTW, where did you end up buying it from?

RJL LTD...same place as you got your RoughWear IIRC, although I purchased off his website. More expensive than the second-hand-like-new 50 Cal, but still a significant savings over purchasing direct from Eastman. It's a perfect jacket too...brand new with tag...no flaws that I can see. Definitely doesn't look like a factory reject or anything. I'm assuming he got them wholesale somehow. I had to roll the dice on a size 44, since he doesn't have a 46 to exchange up to (he doesn't accept returns, be he will exchange for sizing.)

Smart! HUGE improvement in fit over the .50 cal. I reckon a 46 would be too big again. Have you tried letting the waist adjusters out a bit?

They're out most of the way already. I definitely can't tighten them. I probably would've cinched them in a bit on a size 46.

Do they age the fur as well on the 50 cal?? Why?? The fur is supposed to be nice and soft not dry...i like the 50 cal but i do not want a dry fur for sure

The shearling/fur itself is soft in both cases...but the outer layer/skin (not sure of the official term) is not quite as supple on the .50 Cal. Neither Eastman jacket is as supple as the skin on my Aero, but they seem like they would be more durable. Overall, it's a stiffer jacket that my B-6.

As for the color...the Werber is yellowish off-white and the .50 Cal is a more tan color.

Collar

Collar

This is a good direct comparison. The Werber is the same shade as this Aero in this picture.

Aero B6 Comparison

A2 B3au

RJL LTD...same place as you got your RoughWear IIRC, although I purchased off his website. More expensive than the second-hand-like-new 50 Cal, but still a significant savings over purchasing direct from Eastman. It's a perfect jacket too...brand new with tag...no flaws that I can see. Definitely doesn't look like a factory reject or anything. I'm assuming he got them wholesale somehow. I had to roll the dice on a size 44, since he doesn't have a 46 to exchange up to (he doesn't accept returns, be he will exchange for sizing.)
The Werber suits and fits u much better mate,great choice. I’ve got some of those dice I can post u for nowt if your in the eu

They're out most of the way already. I definitely can't tighten them. I probably would've cinched them in a bit on a size 46.

The shearling/fur itself is soft in both cases...but the outer layer/skin (not sure of the official term) is not quite as supple on the .50 Cal. Neither Eastman jacket is as supple as the skin on my Aero, but they seem like they would be more durable. Overall, it's a stiffer jacket that my B-6.

As for the color...the Werber is yellowish off-white and the .50 Cal is a more tan color.

Collar

Collar

This is a good direct comparison. The Werber is the same shade as this Aero in this picture.

Aero B6 Comparison

ausreenactor

What is it with pets and garments. Sit an M-41 on the couch. Dog is on it? Throw a B-3 on the bed. Dog is on it? Doesn't even have to be 'fluff out'...