• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new ELC roughwear 27752!

John Lever

Mine is ready for inspection and despatch. Rob told me it is the first one off the line...
God what a responsibility the review will be for someone who knows little about A-2's. I suppose though I have made a good start my first one was a GW.
I have asked for an A-1... fingers crossed.

nogbat

keep us posted john , ive ordered one and if its not spectacular it goes back the same day,, to compete in a market with gw and aeros ,brs and all to boot you have to make a good a2 , not a copy of a 50.cal or an old pearl harbour jacket and say this is great ,,,, come on gary you can do it ....i hope :eek: :eek: :eek:

269sqnhudson

John Lever said:
I should have mine on Fri.

Oh me too I should think. I'll take a couple of pics and post them on Monday. I'd like to add them to your review thread if you don't mind, just as a comparison. That is assuming you'll have done one by then. I won't get a chance till Monday.
T

floyd

She would kill me if she knew this was a new flight jacket. She wants carpet, flooring house painted and the roof guy is coming next week. The jacket is thick and grainy. Very well made. I am very pleased. Nice thing about A2s is that they all look alike to wives and fiancees.

rw006.jpg
rw002.jpg
rw009.jpg
rw010.jpg

Roughwear

I'm glad the new RW landed safely from the UK. Thanks for the first pics. It's looking good. I wonder if you could post some larger ones of the jacket which show all the main details?

floyd

I will post some better pictures. 65 hr work week and currently in the office and its Sunday. I am a true 42r but I really enjoy a looser fit a2. This jacket is a 46r and I wouldn't want it any smaller. I am a firm believer that most leathers and linings shrink with sweat,rain ect.
This the best elc a2 I have had. The grainy areas are still very thick leather. The seams at the cuffs has the leather glued back unlike other elc a2s. Leather is thick stiffish but draps well. The hides, stiching and detail work is excellent, I wonder if they are using their best taylors on these new roughwears. I've never had any real problems with eastmans craftmenship, but this jacket is particularly well made. I highly recomment this jacket. I will post better pics tonight or tomorrow.

pipvh

I've been wondering the same thing - tempted to put in a cheeky offer, though. Anything wrong with ELC's previous incarnation of this contract?

Curahee

Would love to see a full review of this jacket, including nice big >5MB pics in daylight and few good close ups, patience is a virtue :roll:

floyd

Need a better camera. You can see I like them larger. I've been wearing A2s for 30 years and am tired of fighting them. I'm 5'11" and 185lbs with 42" chest. 46R star,RW,A1 and redskin b6 all elc give me the fit I want. They just don't ride up. I have had all these jackets in 42r, 44r and some in 44 custom. Sorry guys, I know this isn't a fit thred thread, but I am finally happy with my collection.
I would would say this new RW leather is about 20% to 30% heavier than previous elc A2s. 60%to 75% more grain. The leather creases easy but is a dry finish and does not blanch out like an oil finish leather can that would also crease easy, if that makes any sense. I have probably owned over 20 A2s over the years, this new RW is the best one I have seen.
Note to self. " Stop looking at Goodwear's new HH seal in any model, for at least 4 to 6 months".

rw2011.jpg
rw2008.jpg
rw2006.jpg
rw2005.jpg
rw2010.jpg

rw2014.jpg
rw2015.jpg
rw2017.jpg
rw2003.jpg